Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All this spreading seas tech comes from me ;)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
CloaknDagger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: All this spreading seas tech comes from me ;) Reply with quote

Everyone and their mother is playing this card now. Just here to say I claimed it first.

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12811

Doesn't do much vs boros or Eldrazi Green, but damn does it hurt everything else.
PenguinSlave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i disagree the tech came from goblin ruinblaster,playing it in the mirror of jund made people see how good screwing with junds colours is
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you weren't first, sorry.
these were two cards at spoilers that i identified as must-plays in format-breaking decks. Pyromancer's Ascension and Spreading Seas.

They don't go together.
There are more.
There are 20+ ascensions in rome- and there should be 4 more because it rapes Jund.
CloaknDagger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knew luminarch ascension was going to be good. That was obvious. And saying "I thought of it first" doesn't mean jack if you can't prove it. I showed a link before that BUW deck won a trial with them.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloaknDagger wrote:
Everyone knew luminarch ascension was going to be good. That was obvious. And saying "I thought of it first" doesn't mean jack if you can't prove it. I showed a link before that BUW deck won a trial with them.

CloaknDagger wrote:

Everyone and their mother is playing this card now. Just here to say I claimed it first.

q.e.d.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 words:

Who cares?
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted it here
http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12586

A deck called "You have Islands"
Oct 7th 2009
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know vampire nighthawk? Yea, that was me. I was the first to identify it was a good card. People on #netdraft were saying they'd pick hideous end over it every time and I said they were dumb. See? I called it.
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: All this spreading seas tech comes from me ;) Reply with quote

CloaknDagger wrote:

Doesn't do much vs boros or Eldrazi Green, but damn does it hurt everything else.

Actually, I remember reading your post now that I looked back at it. I couldn't remember who had written it, but it was definately you that got me using Spreading Seas. Your deck list and walkthrough of the deck was just great, I even started using Thraximunder splashing it in what was than my UG midrange deck.

I'll give you full credit, and yeah, I fucking LOVE the card now. I dismissed the card soon after first seeing it. Nice work! Thank you.
CloaknDagger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jacois that's really nice of you to give me props for that man, thanks. Seems I was beat to the punch though, Kaamos did post it a month before I did. Nicely done.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares who thought about it first? There was probably someone of the planet who liked the card right away after seeing it. What matters is who actually wins with it (more like who wins even without it).
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I didnt think of utilizing it with Ruinblaster, UB right now isnt strong, Wotc wanted UB that way.
CloaknDagger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly it was the synergy of seas + ruinblaster + into the roil that just made the LD bonkers.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know that card lightning bolt? that was me. The minute I pulled one from my pack of 2010 I had nostalgia of the days when my friends tormented me with lightning bolt. I knew this was a keeper. I would base my deck around this all powerful format driving card. And everyone will know that it was I that made this card powerful and well known.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well I was the guy who discovered ancestral recall, if it was not for me no one would play it to this very day.

I also invented affinity.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3