Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn 4 kill from the grave!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Is this a viable deck in the current metagame?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Pillsburry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HujuVanikil wrote:
your right there's a big difference because hedron crab is immune to bolt and is certainly not going to be hit by any other removal as well >_>........

Simple, depending on which deck you play against, you shouldn't play Hedron Crab on turn 1 because if you play him on turn 2 you get to play a land b4 your oppo gets priority so you grind at least 3 cards. If its a fetch land and its played properly you'll grind 6.
kaamos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I see here is a deck that is pretty consistent in ending the game at the same speed as tier 1 decks that can also end the game just as fast, but THOSE decks have removal/control, your whole list is combo tools.

What do you do if your opponent stops you?
I suppose having all combo tools means he cant stop you?

Dont get me wrong, I love the deck so far, but still, a control deck with black or blue hate in the sb, might just prevent you from winning 2/3. And if they dont and the deck becomes popular, people will find a sb just for decks like this (agadeem/gy) and unfortunatelly the value of fetchlands will continue to go up ><

Why cant Wizards keep good lands from being rares? I mean honestly, theyre not "fun" cards at all, theyre tools, nobody wants to pay $25 dollars for a land, a playset, a few playsets...
kaamos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee vintage and extended players buying these cards wont contribute nearly as much money as standard and block players.

Know anybody paying $25 for dual lands in older sets currently?
Except for the first 3 sets, as most cards from those sets are worth at least $10.

No sir, Standard is the only format that can make an uncommon cost $5, let alone a land.

I agree about hederon crab being usefull* but still, with or without it, the deck doesnt work consistently enough.

I'd rather make it more control, just have mind funeral and haunting echoes.

why not at least have tendrils in there for an alternate win condition?
ncgeniusbrad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is talking about remand, eternal witness, skullclamp, top, kitchen finks, right now there arent ne 5 dollar uncommons.
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
@ kaamos, If standard was the only format played fetchlands would be worth 5 bucks if that.

They will never reprint those power 9 cards, and they are rare in terms of limited existence, not being reprinted.

Those vintage players have dual lands that do the same thing, the moment these fetch lands are not in standard, and probably before, they will go down in price.

Path is the only expensive uncommon (ATM) but yes my point was in the past standard has bumped up even uncommons to 5 bucks, and just like path, or any of the cards ncgeniusbrad posted, they will go down in price after they leave standard play, that or they'll make like skullclamp and get restricted/banned.

People still buying Divining Top from you for 5 bucks? nah
getmatt201

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about playing this deck at the next FNM. How do you think sideboarding would go against stuff like vampires and jund? (What to put in and take out)
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getmatt201 wrote:
I was thinking about playing this deck at the next FNM. How do you think sideboarding would go against stuff like vampires and jund? (What to put in and take out)

The maindeck is very touchy u can't remove certain cards so the sbding is pretty tight (about 8 cards max can be sided out).

vs Jund: -4 Grim, -2 Leviathan, -1 Fate, -1 Corpse, +4 Negate, +4 Duress
vs Vampires: No changes this is an easy MU.
vs RDW: -2 Leviathan, -1 Fate, +3 Essence Scatter (Counter Ball Lightning!)

vs Boros: -4 Grim, +4 Infest
vs Elves: No changes
vs Control: No changes

What other MU to sb you wanna know ?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbone wrote:
Pillsburry wrote:

vs RDW: -2 Leviathan, -1 Fate, +3 Essence Scatter (Counter Ball Lightning!)

just a thought...if your using the the essence scatter only for RDW why don't u just play doomblade or disfigure. Just as effective but a little more flexible.

Or Flashfreeze?
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right I should just play Flashfreeze that can also counter Jund Charm Smile
Daeron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about great sable stag?????
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3