Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Deck Idea

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: New Deck Idea Reply with quote

The deck

4 steppe lynx
4 plated geopede
1 fastbond
4 enlightened tutor
4 daze
4 spell pierce
4 force of will
1 eternal witness
2 pact of negation
1 wordly tutor
1 grazing gladeheart
1 demonic tutor
1 vamperic tutor
4 selensya sanctury
3 azorius chancery
3 gruul turf
1 golgari rotfarm
1 tundra
4 savanah
2 tropical island
2 taiga
2 bayou
3 misty rainforest
3 windswept heath

Simple idea get out a fastbond and a landfall creature, continously bounce, ravnica bounce land, making your landfall craeture as big as you like or in the case of the one grazing gladehaert gaining infinite life.

Can easliy win on turn2 all it needs is a stepe lynx, turn 1 followed by fast bond ot tutor into fastbond plus a bounce land.

I have no idea how good the deck idea is or even if it has been tried before, I have not played any vintage since mirrodin but its just a cool idea I thought id put out there to the vintage community.

Is it viable I doubt it but what do people think.

maybe needs stp to get creature through can prob shave a few lands or soaring seacliff perhasp something to give the crature evasion, trample whatever I think the list is far from perfect as i dont know vintage.
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlightened tutor is restricted. Since you play blue you want all the powerful restricted stuff like recall, time walk, mystical tutor, brainstorm etc.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see tutor on list or has it been updated since this http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resources.aspx?x=judge/resources/sfrvintage.

Decks basically not good enough with out tutor.

Also blue is only to protect the combo, so alot of that stuff does not really help me though it prob should play recall.

Also btw i think the mana base is bad I may want to play gemstone mine or something lol

Last edited by OldBear on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm odd it says restricted in gatherer. Guess it's legal.

Anyway how about some moxes? Turn 1 geopede seems needed.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is the fact that 11 of the 28 lands in the deck are karoos, so that only leaves 17 normal lands, that need to get me every colour. I could run more land or possibly shave a few karoos but with, wasteland and stripmine in alot of decks this seems a bad idea. Also i think there are even decks that recur them with crucible, I think i may need a tutorable target md for them. Though holding on until i have multiple karoos is an option.

I think the deck may need to cut down at least one colour, red seems the most likely as its only for pede. As green is essential early due to fastbond, white lynx plus tutors, blue to protect the combo, though only daze and spell pierce require blue mana, black once again the tutors are essential as, fastbond is a pivotal card.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
Legendary Land
T->: Add U to your mana pool.
1: Return Oboro, Palace in the Clouds to its owner's hand.

Has the same effect in your deck as bounce lands but you can play it if you need mana for turn 2 Geopede or something Razz worth trying out I guess Wink
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats a good idea, also works around mine etc with only 1 4 of them seem like an improvement:)
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improved list

4 steppe lynx
4 hedron crab
1 fastbond
4 enlightened tutor
3 daze
1 mystical tutor
1 ancentral recall
3 spell pierce
4 force of will
1 eternal witness
2 pact of negation
1 wordly tutor
1 grazing gladeheart
1 demonic tutor
1 vamperic tutor
4 selensya sanctury
2 azorius chancery
4 orobo place in the clouds
1 golgari rotfarm
1 tundra
4 savanah
3 tropical island
1 underground sea
1 scrubland
1 bayou
4 misty rainforest
2 windswept heath

big add is the crab dunno how i missed first time round makes turn 2 kill alot more likley, gets rid of red and improves manabase.

Oh yeah btw this deck can now kill turn 1 with bond into crab*2, plus bounce land or orobo.
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the only real way to stop the combo is Krosan Grip on Fastbond. Any ideas to protect the combo from that?
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb leyline for gaea's blessing

maybe 1 concordant crossroad md to give ur lynx / pede haste, fetchable with tutor.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1