Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP Paris results of m-l players

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: GP Paris results of m-l players Reply with quote

Some months ago after GP Barcelona there was a post talking about how I did in that GP. This time I didn't see anything like that so I decided to make the post myself. Here's the GP Barcelona post so you all know what I'm talking about: http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11842

This time I ended up in 33th with a 12-4 record. I should have 13-3ed and top16ed but I missed a blood seeker trigger in the 3rd round of the first draft so it's my fault. The difference would have been huge as I would have won more money, more pro point and would have qualified for PT San Diego. I'm still happy because I felt I played very well except for that play but usually small mistakes are enough to change the whole game at this level.

I'd like to know who else went and how did they do. I'd also like to hear those something from those who were having so much fun at me last time.
Alvaro21k

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats tuga
stone_d
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11-4-1 -- 75th
To bad they give pricesupport to top 64 in a 400-man GP and same price support in a 1900-man GP
mchosa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmfao @ 33th

too bad u didnt get 1nd or 2st
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 917th. This means I beat 53% of the field. I'm above average!
CloudRisen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
I got 917th. This means I beat 53% of the field. I'm above average!

or that you refused to drop at 0-9 either or.
Teknolink
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished 194th. Huge headache on day 2 didn't allow me to play at my top level even though I won the 10th round on day 1 :/ So annoying to lose to your body.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I made Top8 in a GPT the day before, but there was no Top8 cuz they simply cut Top1 after Swiss standings. Too bad I drew into that Top8. Also, I got the worst beat of the weekend. This megatopdeck of my opponent was just awful.
CloudRisen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a round day 1 of Tampa a couple weeks ago to a guy who opened 2 nighthawks 1 sorin and a marsh casualties and i drew 17 of my 18 lands and he played all 4 of those cards and still almost lost. he had 2 of the 3/2 intimdate vampires and i had nothing but green creatures in play and he just kept saying go when i was at 2, and eventually drew sorin, then used sorin to kill 2 of my creatures before realizing he could kill me with it. I still day 2'd and top 64'd but it was annoying to lose to someone who probably wasnt capable of tieing his own shoes.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudRisen wrote:
I lost a round day 1 of Tampa a couple weeks ago to a guy who opened 2 nighthawks 1 sorin and a marsh casualties and i drew 17 of my 18 lands and he played all 4 of those cards and still almost lost. he had 2 of the 3/2 intimdate vampires and i had nothing but green creatures in play and he just kept saying go when i was at 2, and eventually drew sorin, then used sorin to kill 2 of my creatures before realizing he could kill me with it. I still day 2'd and top 64'd but it was annoying to lose to someone who probably wasnt capable of tieing his own shoes.

lol
coolcreep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudRisen wrote:

God I fucking hate when that happens.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also can i ask all the people that went and made day2 what there impressions of the most sucessful draft arch types were.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who supported me Smile

About drafts archetypes I couldn't draft BR which is the one I'm most confortable with and have had the most sucess. I drafted GB allies draft1 and UW control draft2. I went for GB allies because I openned bala ged. I went 1-2 in both but should have gone 2-1 in the first one if it wasn't for that trigger mistake. The 2nd one I was a bit unlucky because round 1 my opp mulls to 5 yet wins easily because I kept 2 spells and end the game with 4 spells and 11 lands. G2 I mull to 4 Sad
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say GJ tuga:P
cloudstr
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, let me say that in no way do i think tuga is a bad player or he sucks and all that. Conversely, he's one of the better ones out there.

With that out of the way, personally i think that going day 1 undefeated because you opened a sick pool then going 2-4 in draft, or 3-3 if you didn't miss the blood seeker trigger is nothing to boast about.

Still congrats on your finish, sucks to be 33rd though.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2