Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono-Green Nissa Elves, Nashville 5K

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
SJM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Mono-Green Nissa Elves, Nashville 5K Reply with quote

So a WOMAN Shocked playing MONO-GREEN ELVES WITH ANT-QUEEN Mad apparently won this tournament.

Granted, the middle of hillbilly country isn't exactly going to draw the highest caliber players in the world, but holy crap.

Wizards has finally done what they set out to accomplish, turn standard into casual garbage. Almost every chick I've ever seen play magic played mono-green elves in every format ever to include draft because "they are pretty."

Now they can actually win.

Thanks WOTC.

Anyone have the full deck lists of those 3 mono-G elves decks that made top 8?
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, could you be anymore offensive, stupid, and just plain right STUPID?

Get off your high horse! An obviously talented player won a high profile event with a somewhat innovative deck. If you have a problem with that, fuck off.

Last edited by Zapgaze on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the deck has been winning on modo for a while
SJM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapgaze wrote:
Wow, could you be anymore offensive, stupid, and just plain right STUPID?

Get off your high horse! An obviously talented player won a high profile event with a somewhat innovative deck. If you have a problem with that, fuck off.

Trolling victim #1.

However, my point stands.

Edit: Aren't you the guy that thinks Blazing Torch is terrible in Zen sealed? Extra lulz harvested at your expense if so. Razz
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5ks arent very skillful anyway so many noobs go and play.
ryuzaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant believe you can keep writing in this site, are you saying that a woman cant play magic???, there was a woman who actually played a protour, i bet you cant even enter your nats.

welcome to 21 century grandpa
Vito

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look...the last chick i knew that played magic was pretty hott so if magic is gonna bring on the hott chicks then let 'em play...who cares what they play...it's just a game after all
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vito wrote:
look...the last chick i knew that played magic was pretty hott so if magic is gonna bring on the hott chicks then let 'em play...who cares what they play...it's just a game after all

SJM wishes that the MTG world was exclusive to stupid nerd kids with no girlfriends and no hability to get one, like himself....

Cause if he had at least hability to get a girlfriend, being around girls playing magic, wasn't a bad idea at all, don't u think? LOOL

So, he must have all the qualities I pointed above... or He's simply GAY... And if that's the case.... Allthing starts to make sense in his post.... eheh (no ofention to gay people)

Luckily to us all, (usually called "normal people"), men that usually likes girls and plays this game cause it's fun (and much more funny if played around Girls), luckily to us, we dont live in the Past anymore...

As already was said, "welcome to 21 century grandpa", because Magic is not anymore the exclusive game of nerd/geek kids, with ugly faces, that prefer to stay inside playing alone with another bunch of kids just like them...

Now, more then ever, MTG is simply a fun game, played by people that wanna have fun with it and with no stereotypes attached to it! Wink

Cya round SJM ( and dont forget to take a walk outside the box where you must be for a long long time now, to still think that way..) Cool bring your glasses... its sunny here on outside Wink
clayparson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are also missing the fact that in this tournament, 2 other players from that play group posted top 8 with a similar list. Clearly not a fluke.

5Ks are not irrelevant tournaments, whenever $5,000 is up for grabs, good players will show up in at least moderate numbers. Sure, maybe it isn't as stiff competition as a PT, but its not like a FNM. On a similar note, to call Nashville "Hillbilly Country" is ridiculous. Nashville, including the surrounding metro, is populated by well over 1 million people, not exactly "the sticks."

Elves are clearly not only a casual strategy anymore. PT: Berlin much? Granted this a different sort of elf deck, but an elf deck all the same.

Saying Standard has become "casual garbage" is meaningless. In every format there are casual decks and serious decks. The difference is that this a deck that won its pilot $5,000 in a sanctioned tournament. To me this sounds like the definition of competitive, not "casual garbage."

While it is true that this game is played predominately by males, doesn't mean women are at any disadvantage if they have had the same amount of experience. I think it is totally understandable
why few women would even consider playing Magic and that could possibly be due to attitudes like the one stated above ("ZOMG GIRL WON A TOURNEY!?!") Honestly, I'm totally for more lady-players.

Quote:
However, my point stands.

What exactly is your point? That women are inferior? That Elves aren't good enough in competitive magic? That WOTC has turned Standard into casual magic? That 5Ks don't matter?
None of these points stand.

Think before you speak.
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Todd Anderson
Super_Prep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe women are better at reading mind's than guys who read other guy's minds all the time? Laughing
kaamos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best halo players is a girl, doesnt bother me.

I like a woman who can kick my ass irl >Very Happy
Triggers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the winning list...

Maindeck:

Artifacts
3 Eldrazi Monument

Creatures
3 Ant Queen
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Visionary
3 Great Sable Stag
4 Llanowar Elves
2 Master Of The Wild Hunt
4 Nissa's Chosen
2 Noble Hierarch

Planeswalkers
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Nissa Revane

Basic Lands
20 Forest

Lands
4 Oran-rief, The Vastwood

Sideboard:
1 Eldrazi Monument
3 Pithing Needle
4 Acidic Slime
1 Great Sable Stag
1 Mold Shambler
3 Mycoloth
2 Windstorm

Been play testing it....many decks just don't have enough answers...

Heres the 3rd place deck, slashed white

Maindeck:

Artifacts
3 Eldrazi Monument

Creatures
2 Ant Queen
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Llanowar Elves
2 Master Of The Wild Hunt
4 Nissa's Chosen
4 Noble Hierarch

Instants
4 Path To Exile Planeswalkers
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Nissa Revane

Basic Lands
10 Forest

Lands
4 Graypelt Refuge
4 Oran-rief, The Vastwood
4 Sunpetal Grove

Sideboard:
3 Great Sable Stag
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Celestial Purge
2 Harm's Way
3 Vines Of Vastwood
3 Windstorm
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess SJM doesn't enjoy hanging out with bitties. Shame.
TheDarkener

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the deck last night at FNM, 4-0 against some good players/decks. The deck really looks pretty solid and definitely worth taking seriously.

PS - how many people on this site are over the age of about 12?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3