Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

twincast + time warp

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Hassium

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: twincast + time warp Reply with quote

I had this question in mind the last few weeks.

What happend if i play a time warp and my opp responds playing a twincast targeting my time warp?
how do we proceed here?
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your opponent will get a Time Warp, and then an extra turn. Then you get an extra turn off your Time Warp.

Extra turns are taken in reverse order as how they were generated, so the extra turn of your time warp will happen first, and after that turn, your opponent's extra turn will happen.
Adiref

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, no extra turn at all.
Super_Prep

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The turn structure looks like this:

Player 1 = A - Time Warp
Player 2 = B - Twincast

Turns with time warp + twincast.

Twincast copies the effect of timewarp, both spells resolve both players gain extra turns. Now you simply reverse the order, you get to use your time warp first due to the reverse order ruling.

Normal Turn Structure ABABABAB

After the effects: AABBABAB

Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1