Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there any interest in REAL combos anymore???

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Do you think magic is trying to get more new players by making a few cards look very good, almost too good? Thus killing the variety of cards being played?
Yes, the game is now unbalanced! It is way to obvious that some cards are too good! It sucks!
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Yes, some cards are way too powerfull, but it is to captivate both old players and new alike.
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
I dont agree, most of the new good cards just balance the gameplay because it is easy to get rid of them. But yes it may captivate new players.
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
I dont agree, these new cards are cool... play them or die!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Wha? I hate depth! Me ogre, me want to kill! me want easy pow pow! Just need a big red button that I can push to make me win!!! OOORggyah!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legacy costs a lot to get into, but you can put one of the cheaper decks together from scratch (good ones, none of this 9-land bullshit--belcher, ichorid, merfolk) for about $200, which is about the minimum for standard as well. The difference is the cards you buy for legacy are an investment as they do not lose their value, and you'll have to buy less expensive cards to maintain your collection down the road. Standard requires you to shell out bundles of cash every couple months when a new set is released.

I think most of it comes down to the fact that standard players more or less do not have the skill set necessary to play eternal formats. They like to have the game "on the table," so to speak, where they only maybe have to worry about one or two cards their opponent could have. In eternal formats there are so many more vectors of interaction--graveyards, libraries, attacking mana-bases, spells in hand tend to be immediately more relevant. Players of eternal formats can peruse the top decklists, pick a deck, and do well in a long Standard tournament. Standard players generally cannot do this, as there's a lot more to learn.
ryuzaki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really see the point here, last season everybody was crying because faes, now we have an agroo environtment.
True, baneslayer is ridiculous, and the cost of the card would be $50 less if we werent talknig about an angel, but in every season there is a card that broke everything
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people say legacy is expensive, but say u buy fetches you can play them in extended, but say u buy the best t2 deck every time its gonna cost you a lot more than 1 legacy deck, not every deck plays 8 fetch 12 dual and fows
Sebas_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combo decks always are Spikes deck's (good option for win), for that reason = COmbo Hate in SB is tech Very Happy
dwarfas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t2 has combos they aren't that easy to setup however. nor are they infinite or w/e. except infinite time warp? but that's not infinite damage.

getting rid of counterspell appeals to casual players. manaleak miscalculation daze etc. casuals always hated counters.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2