Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meta Game Help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
LONE_GUNMAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Meta Game Help Reply with quote

I am looking for some help in Standard, Extended, Legacy, and vintage. I will be playing each of these in an upcoming GP. Some tips on beating the best decks in each format would be appreciated. For each format list which deck I should play to do well, and give a short explaination why.

Thank you in adavance for all of your comments.
orphan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of these fields are wide open. When you are building your own deck, (because we all know you are an innovative player who doesnt need 75 cards delivered to him via the internet) you just have to be able to position yourself against the expected top decks in the format.

In standard the top tier is currently being held by bushwacker agro, UWx control decks, 4/5 color cascade control, vampires(it bothers me that this deck is still considered tier 1) and of course, Jund Agro. So you could just play one of these decks. and if you had to play one of these decks i would suggest that you play jund. Just because it has the most utility in the format.

Ext is even more wide open than standard. With combo decks including Vampire/Darkdepths, Hypergenesis, and dredge being able to go-fish ridiculous fast wins means that what ever you play has to be able to beat these combos. Unlike last year, when the combo decks basically relied on similar strategies to win, the decks are hitting you at different angles and require very different hate. As always Zoo is going to be a presence at any event. The control decks in the format seem to be lacking next leve U and/or Fea cant spell stutter sprite lock anymore post rotation and the combo gift pacakge (playing both sword of the meek/thoctar foundry and darkdepth/hexmage) seems better than the control variants. I could'nt even begin to tell you what deck would be the right meta call right now, but what ever you play makesure you can beat Kibler's Zoo deck.
magryn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vampire/Darkdepths, Hypergenesis, and dredge being able to go-fish ridiculous fast wins

As far as I understood it, the expression is gold fish because you are pretending that your opponent is a gold fish who doesn't actually do anything and you are seeing how quickly you can win. Go-fish is a playing card game characterized by the often said phrase "go fish". But I may be wrong...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1