Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5c Cascade

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
stephen_bonf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: 5c Cascade Reply with quote

Open to any criticism on this deck. Thank you. Mainly looking for what i need in my sideboard.
// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
3 [ZEN] Forest (3)
3 [ZEN] Mountain (1)
3 [ZEN] Swamp (4)
4 [CFX] Rupture Spire
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
2 [ALA] Crumbling Necropolis
4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine

// Creatures
2 [ZEN] Sphinx of Jwar Isle
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf

// Spells
2 [ZEN] Arrow Volley Trap
4 [ZEN] Inferno Trap
1 [CFX] Obelisk of Alara
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
4 [ALA] Blightning
4 [M10] Mind Rot
4 [ARB] Bituminous Blast
4 [ARB] Captured Sunlight
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best cascade deck I've seen is this one. The guy wins a lot of minis with it. His name on IRC is The_Ocean

http://www.magic-league.com/tournament/info.php?id=55930&view=decks
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. I like that list you posted the link to. I can just imagine "Enigma Ultimatum":

Enigma Sphinx into
Enlisted Wurm into
Bituminous Blast into
Bloodbraid Elf into
Blightning

Thanks, do I win yet? Oh, and Sphinx into Identity Crisis sounds sick too.
Markwerf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that list the_ocean with 2 ajani vengeants main instead of the sphinx and a deny reality is solid. Still not a great deck but it probably has a positive matchup with jund
metzel_usa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his manabase is horrible tho...why go with fetchlands when you are not gonna do anything until turn 3/4 anyways...more trilands seems better and i think captured sunlight + deny arent those great of cards...why not play something more potent to the actual game state...maybe -4 sunlight -4 deny +2 ajani + 4 maelstrom pulse +2 doj ?? that would look a little closer to my 5c cascade minus a few spells Wink

and as for your dfecklist kinda hard on where to start...once again i dont like captured...the factr it says cascade is whatever cause 4 life is only relevent vs what boros? the jund matchup isnt to difficult due to the fact you have more CA...also the inferno trap and arrow volley seem horrible too...maybe try Terminate / PtE / Pulse. and 6 critters is kind of skimpy....im not a fan of war monks but they seem they would fit nicely here
maybe -4 mind rot -4 inferno trap -2 arrow volley -4 captured +3 pulse +3 PtE +4 War Monk +2 enlisted wurm + 2 doj

id give that a try...gives a more controlish aspect...and try enigma sphinx he can be pretty stupid if he doesnt get PtE'd
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Flores has been toying with "Mono-Cascade" decks that always hit Blightning/Esper Charms for a while. His most recent list is money.

Black Baneslayer version Three Point Whatever:

4 Bituminous Blast
4 Blightning
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Captured Sunlight
4 Deny Reality
4 Enlisted Wurm
4 Esper Charm

4 Baneslayer Angel

2 Arcane Sanctum
1 Arid Mesa
4 Crumbling Necropolis
4 Exotic Orchard
1 Forest
1 Island
1 Jungle Shrine
1 Mountain
2 Plains
4 Rupture Spire
4 Savage Lands
2 Seaside Citadel
1 Swamp

sb:
3 Ajani Vengeant
4 Maelstrom Pulse
4 Rhox War Monk
4 Lightning Bolt
kikooo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Flores' list is good vs. control/random slow decks but horrible vs any kind of creature deck. Not even having DoJ's in sb doesn't make sense, you will want to have atleast 2 main and 2 in sb. Ajani is also good main. Also, it's a good idea to play a few fetchlands. Sometimes games drag on and it's annoying to know that all your expensive spells have been pushed to the bottom, so being able to shuffle your library is nice.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1