Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Standard highlander deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Kamperfoelie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Standard highlander deck Reply with quote

In the shop that I usually frequent we are having a Highlander tournament. The cardpool for the tournament is standard, and you can only use 1 copy of each card.

To add a twist, the store owner said we would be playing multiplayer planechase on top of that. I have no idea how planechase works, and how it should affect my deckbuilding.

That's why I turn my attention to you to ask if you have any suggestions? Since it's multiplayer, I was looking for some kind of control deck. Monocolor seems out of the question, as Shards provides so much multicolor goodness.
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planeshase is so random. You should read the planechaser stuff on the Magic site and see what they all do. There's one that says "During every player's upkeep, that player puts the top 10 cards of his library in his graveyard" and then if someone rolls the chaos symbol on the planechase die he gets to pick someone to put 10 cards from their deck to their graveyard. I would probably use a 70-90 card deck to make sure you dont get killed by that in 3 turns.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1