Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Communication w/ MWS

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
r4nd0m1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Communication w/ MWS Reply with quote

How do I handle the following situations?

During the declare blocker step, players use arrows to indicate how they are blocking. However, if the blocks are obvious, my opponents do this without typing "ok" afterwards or communicating that they are done in any other way. Once the arrow is drawn, the block is declared.

If multiple arrows are possible, you wait some seconds after the last arrow and see if your opponent changes his mind, and, if the combatsituation is not so obvious, typing is used.

In a casual game, this is a perfectly fine way to speed up the game, but when it comes to league, I would like somebody to help me understand judge policy on this matter.

For Example, Im attacking with a single creature and my opponent has 2 available blockers and doubleblocks (2 arrows). So, I am ready to resolve damage and put my creature to the grave, but suddenly he backs up and says he isnt done blocking.

As I understand it, he is technically correct because he didnt explicitly say he is done blocking, but my point is that he used his "arrows, not typing ok"-way to communicate for the entire game and suddenly he changes his behavior?

Similarly, if my opponent switches to his declare attacker step and taps some creatures, but doesnt indicate hes done declaring (like switching to the next phase or typing ok). In a regular game, I wait some seconds and then declare blocks, but
in league, what happens if my opponent plays like this the entire match but at one point he waits to see how I block and then says he wasnt done declaring attacker?

My last question is regarding the upkeep phase. How can I act in my opponents upkeep if they dont wait before they draw? Announcing that you have upkeepeffects before you end your turn cant be the solution, right?

Please clarify if I should ask my opponents each time to tell me when they are done attacking or blocking and to wait in their upkeep or before they draw etc. and if I should call a judge when they are not playing accordingly.

Wow, this got long. Thanks in advance, Kurt
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why you ask if theyre done
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the solution is simply asking. Just press the little 'Ok?' button and don't budge until they respond.

You can just start spamming 'Wait!' as soon as they start there turn if you really don't want them to know in advance, but I always just tell them at end of turn.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1