Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enchantress Multiplayer Deck GW

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
nitzelnator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Enchantress Multiplayer Deck GW Reply with quote

Hey,

I just created an enchantress deck for multiplayer and was hoping to get some tips. Basically, as the deck is currently set up, it's supposed to eventually win with one of the following:

a) sigil of the empty throne + flickering ward + serra's sanctum
b) darksteel citadel + living terrain + daybreak coronet
c) Verduran enchantress + ancestral mask + daybreak coronet

// Lands
4 [DS] Darksteel Citadel
12 [IN] Forest (3)
8 [US] Plains (4)
2 [US] Serra's Sanctum

// Creatures
1 [US] Argothian Enchantress
4 [9E] Verduran Enchantress

// Spells
1 [MM] Ancestral Mask
1 [TSP] Aspect of Mongoose
1 [10E] Aura of Silence
3 [FUT] Daybreak Coronet
1 [SHM] Enchanted Evening
3 [ON] Enchantress's Presence
2 [ARE] Enlightened Tutor
1 [5E] Feldon's Cane
4 [TE] Flickering Ward
4 [PY] Living Terrain
2 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
3 [PLC] Seal of Primordium
2 [CFX] Sigil of the Empty Throne
4 [IN] Sterling Grove
4 [DIS] Utopia Sprawl
2 [IN] Whip Silk
1 [CHK] Ghostly Prison
1 [CFX] Mark of Asylum

I have pretty much 4x of all current enchantress cards except the argothian and have many cards not listed above could probably add any suggestions even not listed above.

My playgroup is pretty advanced with most people slow playing to wait for someone to "blow up" to avoid attention themselves. We play basically T1 rules, with no one playing single cards over $40. With this deck I anticipate as soon as the enchantress or sigil hits the board that I'll need to find a way to keep them alive that's why i've added ghostly prison and mark of asylum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not run the full set of argothian enchantress rather then verduran?
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rancor + Auratog, helps trigger Sigil a lot more, and makes for some fun beats, Rancor is a lot better to go bouncing around than Flickering Ward, cause then they could mess around with your creature during the bouncing, but maybe run both for maximum drawing and power

I would say cut the Living Terrain combo thing. Its expensive (4 mana for terrain, 2 afterwards for coronet) and doesn't outright win you the game, it just creates a big target (I assume your friends run removal like Swords, Path, bounce), Without shroud you are going to get 3 for 1ed, but it depends on your playgroup

-4 living terrain
-3 Daybreak Coronet

+4 rancor
+3 auratog

Also Spyx, he says he doesn't have 4 argothian...
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchantress decks are my favorite.

When I sold my whole collection the one deck I kept is my auratog/chantress deck.

1. You must run 4 Argothian Enchantresses. Verduran is too vulnerable.

2. You don't need more than 4 argothian and 4 enchantresses presence EVER. Honestly 4 argothian and 3 presence is sometimes fine for a deck.

3. You can cut 1 flickering ward once you replace the verdurans with argothian.

4. seal of cleansing just seems superior to aura of silence unless that is a meta consideration.

5. Armadillo cloak > daybreak coronet

6. Enchanted Evening - I didn't know this card existed until just now. That's leet. Wow the possibilities.

7. Enlightened tutor I believe is restricted in everything.

8. Living Terrain - this should be cut.

9. Seal of Primordium - I didn't know they reprinted seal of cleansing as a green card. Neat.

10. Utopia Sprawl - neat. I suppose this is better than wild growth so I should get some.

11. whipsilk - meh, rancor > *.

12. ghostly prison - neat they reprinted propaganda as white.

13. Mark of Asylum - play 4 argothian enchantresses and put 1 worship intot he deck and cut the mark of asylum unless people are running aoe dmg spells.

14. Get a fastbond. Use it. Omg use it.

15. Get 4x exploration if you can. These are expensive though. I am having trouble getting them again.
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, you make 5/6 indestructible land-dudes.

Cute.

For 4 mana, though, you could play indestructibility on an auratog then swing for 20+ trample by sacrificing rancor a bunch of times after you lay 10 land with fastbond.

But most of the time a flickering ward red or black or both is just as good.
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO a multi-player chantress deck should either be control (worship, oblivion ring, pacifism and such) or aggro going for fast kills (auratog, rancor, etc.).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1