Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 7 ZEN Sealed Trial Report - 105 enter, 1 man leaves

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
SJM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: October 7 ZEN Sealed Trial Report - 105 enter, 1 man leaves Reply with quote

6-0 Zen Sealed Trial October 7. 105 players single elimination.

Firstly this is not bragging as I do not think it is a particularly impressive accomplishment. I saw Pierrot's post and I figured I'd make my own (I have 4 days off work this week so I'm bored Wink). The intention here is that people will read this and perhaps pick up something to improve their game or maybe I'll get some constructive feedback about my choices that may help me improve my own. As you know, Zendikar sealed is the current Pro Tour Qualifier season and that makes the format highly relevant to many of you.

I started playing Magic back before Ice Age around the time Fallen Empires was released. Like many players I've quit for periods of years here and there with the last lull being about 6 years from Scourge thru about 6 weeks ago (I really disliked the morph mechanic after the awesomeness of Odyssey block). I was mostly semi-competitive once I got old enough to drive myself to tournaments, attending PTQ's and GP's within a radius of about 5 hours from where I live with mixed results (some PTQ finals, some amateur cash prizes, never qualified). I love limited because of the high amount of variability/dynamism inherent in the format. I think Zendikar is a great set for limited as it has interesting card interactions, interesting mechanics in landfall and the kicker repeat, and is not as bomb dependant as many other formats have been (M10 being the most obvious and recent).

Here is my card pool broken down by color.

// Artifacts
1 Stonework Puma
1 Blazing Torch
1 Expedition Map
1 Trailblazer's Boots
1 Hedron Scrabbler

// Land
1 Kabira Crossroads
1 Magosi, the Waterveil
1 Soaring Seacliff
2 Akoum Refuge
1 Verdant Catacombs
3 Turntimber Grove
1 Piranha Marsh
1 Grazing Gladehart
1 Graypelt Refuge

// Black
1 Crypt Ripper
1 Feast of Blood
1 Gatekeeper of Malakir
1 Giant Scorpion
1 Grim Discovery
1 Guul Draz Vampire
1 Heartstabber Mosquito
1 Mindless Null
1 Needlebite Trap
1 Nimana Sell-Sword
1 Vampire Lacerator
1 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Vampire's Bite
2 Bog Tatters

//Blue
1 Into the Roil
1 Ior Ruin Expedition
1 Roil Elemental
1 Sphinx of Lost Truths
1 Paralyzing Grasp
1 Sky Ruin Drake
1 Spreading Seas
3 Tempest Owl
1 Spell Pierce
1 Kraken Hatchling
1 Lethargy Trap
1 Lullmage Mentor
1 Whiplash Trap
1 Cancel
1 Umara Raptor
1 Hedron Crab
1 Archmage Ascension

// Green
1 Nissa's Chosen
1 Oran-Rief Survivalist
1 Relic Crush
2 Savage Silhouette
1 Mold Shambler
1 Khalni Heart Expedition

// Red
1 Bladetusk Boar
1 Burst Lightning
1 Goblin War Paint
1 Hellfire Mongrel
1 Inferno Trap
1 Ruinous Minotaur
2 Slaughter Cry

// White
2 Journey to Nowhere
1 Pitfall Trap
2 Narrow Escape
1 Caravan Hurda
2 Kor Outfitter
1 Makindi Shieldmate
1 Pillarfield Ox
2 Kazandu Blademaster
1 Kor Cartographer
1 Shieldmate's Blessing
3 Shepherd of the Lost

I am not sure what algorithm or methodology Magic-League's site uses to generate sealed pools but this one stuck me as a little odd. I only have 7 green cards out of 6 packs and only 8 red. I think this is a realistic, but fairly fortunate card pool to open IRL.

The first thing I do in sealed is separate everything out by color just as I have done above (of course it is more difficult to do this on Magic-League so I normally don't). Then I pick up the piles and scan thru the cards quickly looking for abnormalities. Abnormalities such as 3 of the same awesome uncommon. Awesome uncommons such as Shepherd of the Lost. So in this case I then looked thru my white to see if there was enough support to run the color. With standouts such as 2 Journey to Nowhere, Pitfall Trap, and 2 Kazandu Blademaster it was pretty clear that white was going into the deck.

I love black in Zendikar sealed. I think it is potentially the best color if you have the right cards (kind of a silly statement I know). I looked thru my black and while I did have a lot of it and a few standout cards, it wasn't very deep and lacked removal. I quickly saw that my green and red were shallow and only had a few standout cards anyway. I did identify the burst lightning and inferno traps are potential splash cards though.

A note on splashing a 3rd color in Zen sealed - I think splashing a 3rd color makes sense a lot of the time in Zendikar sealed. I would splash for 2-3 red removal (single R in the CC each), 2 journey to nowhere, and I've even splashed 2 Paralyzing Grasp with great success. You need to have the mana to support it, though. I like 3-4 ways to generate the splash color's mana. A fetch land, an allied dual, harrow, expedition map, frontier guide. Khalani Heart Expedition doesn't really qualify IMO as it is too slow and if you draw it at the wrong time it does nothing for you. An ideal scenario for splashing 3 cards would be something like harrow, expedition map, dual/fetch, 1 basic of the splash color. An acceptable scenario for splashing 2 cards would be 2 basics, harrow. A sub-optimal scenario for splashing 3-4 cards would be running 3 basics as this can mess up your double/triple colored mana for your main colors.

So then I took a look at my blue. The obvious standouts are the rare fliers with Roil Elemental being a potential bomb but very vulnerable to removal. In general I think blue is the weakest color in Zendikar with a lot of crap commons intermixed with the playable cards. My selection of blue was pretty mixed as expected, but there were enough good cards that it became obvious that I should build a white/blue controllish deck with tons of fliers so I proceeded to do so.

This is the deck I went with:

// Lands
7 [ZEN] Island (1)
1 [ZEN] Kabira Crossroads
1 [ZEN] Magosi, the Waterveil
1 [ZEN] Soaring Seacliff
7 [ZEN] Plains (1)

// Creatures
1 [ZEN] Tempest Owl
2 [ZEN] Kazandu Blademaster
1 [ZEN] Kor Cartographer
1 [ZEN] Makindi Shieldmate
1 [ZEN] Pillarfield Ox
1 [ZEN] Roil Elemental
3 [ZEN] Shepherd of the Lost
1 [ZEN] Sky Ruin Drake
1 [ZEN] Sphinx of Lost Truths
1 [ZEN] Stonework Puma
1 [ZEN] Umara Raptor

// Spells
1 [ZEN] Blazing Torch
1 [ZEN] Expedition Map
1 [ZEN] Into the Roil
1 [ZEN] Ior Ruin Expedition
2 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
1 [ZEN] Paralyzing Grasp
1 [ZEN] Pitfall Trap
1 [ZEN] Whiplash Trap

Self critique after 6 matches:

Cards I didn't include that were up for consideration:

-Caravan Hurda has proven to be a poor card for me. You're playing this 1/5 lifelink while your opponents are playing 4/4 beats that become 6/6 on landfall. The math just doesn't work out. This guy is certainly playable, but you probably don't *want* to play him.
-Kor Outfitter is a pretty good card. Better if you have some kind of equipment/kor/soldier interactions going on. I have none of that. As a generic 2/2 for double white he's pretty bad unless you really need some early drops. With double Blademaster, the Shieldmate, and the Tempest Owl I felt like my early game was sufficient in this relatively slow format. Furthermore, double journey to nowhere, pitfall trap, and into the roil were there to stop early game dude + creature enchantment zerg rushes.
-Shieldmate's Blessing is like a worse healing salve. Healing salve itself wasn't really ever anything but a mediocre combat trick and I wasn't going to cut any of my spells for this and I couldn't justify cutting a creature either.
-Narrow Escape - I have tried this and generally been disappointed. It's just too expensive, at 2CC 1W it would have been good. If journey to nowhere were pacifism, it would be good.
-Spreading Seas is a cantrip that might wreck someone with a bad mana draw. This card is way better than I thought at first. This or the Stonework Puma would be a tough call for 23rd card for me at this point. The Puma is good in theory, but Spreading Seas gets you closer to your real winners and potentially mana screws an opponent.
-2 Tempest Owl - I don't like this card. I ran 1 today and it was good for me. It got in quite a few damage against people and chump blocked when I needed it. I even kicked it once to tap a 4/4 flying blocker that was holding me off which I then paralyzing grasped (yea 10 mana to do it but meh). If you're running more than 1 of these, your deck probably sucks.
-Kraken Hatchling - 0/4 wall. Potentially playable in a deck like mine if you don't have other early drops. At least it blocks geopede.
-Lethargy Trap - I don't like this card. It has potential to act as a fog for an alpha strike and win a game, but I still don't much care for it. In retrospect I should have sided it in against two opponents that had Conquerer's Pledge, one of which played a kicked Bold Defense in conjunction with his Kor dudes to take a game.
-Cancel - I consider this a sideboard card generally (except in M10 draft/sealed where I started maindecking because of the massive amount of bombs in that set). However, the one time I sided it in and cast it today, it outright won me the game. I also see this replacing the Puma as 23rd card.
-Hedron Crab - I have no way to abuse this. I've seen it win games and I've lost games to it myself. I just didn't feel like it fit in with my deck.

-Magosi, the Waterveil is terrible. At no point did I ever want to give my opponent an extra turn out of sheer fear that they would draw something and wreck me. I'll never play it again in limited.
-Soaring Seacliff did nothing for me. I think it's pretty good but in a deck with this many fliers it is generally wasted. However, the deck is slow enough that having a land come into play tapped isn't a big deal.
-Kor Cartographer is a pretty questionable card by himself in my opinion. The format isn't overly fast, but a 2/2 for 4 mana is pretty bad. The exceptions are: when you can abuse landfall, or when you are ramping up to fat monsters. The deck had a ton of 5 drops and the potential interaction with roil elemental made this a card to put in.
-Allies interaction. It quickly became obvious to me when I started drafting Zendikar that the "allies" thing is very powerful. Consequently I try to exploit it when I can. This deck really only had 3 "good" allies (blademasters and the raptor) but they are quite good indeed. The Makindi Shieldmate would be ok by himself in a late game deck such as this, but the fact that he can grow or make other allies grow makes it quite a good card. The Stonework Puma is a little questionable with only 3 allies you really want to pump in your deck. I think I got lucky and never drew him.

Summary of changes I would make: replace Magosi, the Waterveil with an island. Consider replacing either Tempest Owl or Stonework Puma (but not both) with either Spreading Seas or Cancel.

Now the stuff nobody will read, the game by game breakdown.

Round 1 vs. Kthulu

He wins the roll and plays first. He drops a machete turn 1 which is never something you want to see. Turn 1 I drop Kabira Crossroads and go to 22 (gaining 2 life for playing land is sick). He drops Surrakar Marauder. I play tempest owl while he beats on me with 4/2 intimidate machete boy. I play another flier and we are racing with him ahead. He plays vampire's bite with kicker to drop me down to 11 while he shoots up to 26. I personally don't consider vampire's bite to be a card you want even as your 23rd, but a friend of mine disagrees. I drop a blademaster and my raptor gets bigger. He drops me to 7 life. He grasps my raptor. I grasp his marauder. He doesn't seem to have creatures. I whiplash trap his tempest owl and my grasp'd raptor which I replay. He drops a bomb in Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet but by that point I have a ton of land in play and drop kicked Sphinx of Lost Truths which gets me a Journey to Nowhere which I drop on the bomb for the win.

1-0

I didn't side anything. He mulls to 5 on the play and tries to get beats in with machete on a giant scorpion but I shut it down with grasp and coast to the win with vastly superior card advantage and tons of fliers.

2-0 games 1-0 matches

Round 2 vs. Flechko

He mulls to 6 on the draw. I play a blademaster and start beating for 2. He plays Khalni Gem and bounces 2 of his land leaving him with the gem and 2 tapped land. EOT I into the roil it with kicker leaving him way behind in the mana race. He drops living tsunami which I journey to nowhere and I beat on him with fliers.

1-0

Game 2 he defends and stalls the board while his Living Tsunami/Hedron Crab combo deck me.

1-1

Game 3 he plays reckless scholar on turn 3 while I continue dropping land. He swings with the scholar into my trap which I was happy to use on the looter. He drops living Tsunami which I into the roil with kicker for the "timewalk cantrip." He starts gaining life with Grazing Gladeheart which is bad news for me. I play fliers and journey to nowhere his tsunami. He's holding steady above 20 life. He into the roil's my journey bringing back his tsunami. Before blocks I whiplash trap his tsunami and my shieldmate bringing him to 13. I journey the tsunami again and he whiplash traps my threats. He mold shambler's my journey and gets his grazing gladeheart back with grim discovery and things are looking down. I drop fliers and a kicked sphinx of lost truths for card advantage. We stall for a little while and he's gaining life with his gladeheart. I drop tempest owl with kicker to tap all of his flying blockers. He drops hideous end on my sphinx and takes 10 dropping him to 9 while I sit at 18. I paralyzing grasp his tsunami. He plays guul draz specter which is only 2/2 because I have a card in my hand and I feel confident I can force the chump block and take the game in 1 or 2 turns. Time gets called and I win 18 life to 9. Close one.

4-1 games 2-0 matches

Round 3 vs. Manachuel

I play first and go to 22 with my crossroads. He drops cliff threader. I drop shieldmate to stop any thought of beats. I draw a blademaster (doh, after the shieldmate is in play). He starts dropping lots of kor dudes and kills my journey to nowhere to stop my beats. We stall for a while and he's dropping more dudes. I whiplash trap one of his guys and my shieldmate to pump my 2 blademasters hoping to go for the kill. He kills my dudes with some double/triple blocks to trade but I'm drawing more fliers and I take him out.

1-0

Game 2 he drops a turn 2 armament master which I am only vaguely concerned with. While I saw a ton of kor dudes I only saw 1 equipment from him game 1 (blazing torch). However, he seems very concerned with keeping it alive as he refuses to beat with it in case I have a pitfall trap (which I do). Oddly, he never once attacked with the 2/2 armament master which could have probably done 6 or 8 damage to me if he had (if I hadn't trapped it, which I probably would have). He drops Conqueror's Pledge and I start to worry about his armament master. I'm on the defensive with his army of dudes. He drops a Vastwood Gorger, then another. I sac my blazing torch to kill his armament master before he can do anything crazy. We stall for 5 or 7 turns. I draw 2 shepherd of the lost and start swinging, he has a shepherd but does not block. One of my sheps gets journeyed and he goes for the alpha strike. I trap a gorger and block a bunch of his dudes to drop to 6 life with the likelihood of being able to swing back with my vigilance angels to drop him to 5 on my turn and not die on his next attack. I draw a land to get my 3rd counter on my Ior Ruin Expedition which I sac into a whiplash trap. I bounce both of his blockers and swing for the win.

2-0

6-1 games 3-0 matches

Round 4 lat

I play first but he leads off with a lacerator which is bad for my slow deck. I throw down a shieldmate though to stabilize the board. I start beating with my 1/2 bird while the wall holds the ground. I drop a raptor and make my wall bigger. He suicides his lacerator into the wall but doesn't do much else except play land and mana acceleration. I keep dropping dudes and he keeps playing land, and khalni heart expedition, and druids and that doesn't stop me.

I side out the bird for a kor outfitter in hopes of blocking lacerator.

1-0

On the play he has the turn 1 lacerator. I drop the turn 1 blazing torch and turn 2 kor outfitter and stick the torch on the dude. He sees what's coming so he throws savage silhouette on his dude and starts beating. I journey to nowhere the lacerator and swing for 2 which meets disfigure. I drop shepherd of the lost. He drops a baloth woodcrusher which is ridiculous and can easily deal 16 damage in one turn. I stick my blazing torch onto my shepherd and swing with the flier. He drops a land and swings his baloth into my trap. He drops vastwood gorger. So many fatties. I play out blademasters which force him not to attack and eventually drop unkicked sphinx with an empty hand to mill myself for 3. He drops terra stomper but it's too late as the fliers have won the day over the fatties.

2-0

8-1 games 4-0 matches

Round 5 bRIAN

He wins the roll and plays first. He mulls to 6. He drops plated geopede but he's stalled on 2 land and is only swinging fo 1. He never sees a 3rd land until it's way past "too late."

1-0

He plays first and drops a turn 1 Guul Draz Vampire. I go to 22 with my life gain land. He plays quest for the gemblades and a teetering peaks to swing for 3. I try to trap the guul draz vampire because the thought of a 3/2 fear beating me down is not a good one, but he has vines of vastwood. I drop my shieldmate wall. I block his vampire which he drops kicked vines of vastwood on and gets a counter for his quest. He makes his vampire 5/5 and swings me down to 12. I journey to nowhere the vampire and drop a blademaster. He harrows eot and on his turn taps 5 mana then untaps it. I presume it's a baloth cage trap, but is he bluffing? I say something to him about it and say, "nah, I'm not gonna let you bluff me out like that" and I swing my blademaster into a 4/4 beast for no reason. That's a move that could fake someone out IRL into not swinging their ground creature at you. Then he drops Ob Nixilis, the Fallen and a Land which is bad news for me. I journey the mythic rare but it's too late, I can't stop the 4/4.

1-1

I play first and go to 22. He drops plated geopede and swings for 4 with help from turntimber grove. Then he sticks savage silhouette on his dude andswings for 5. 5/5 first strike regenerators are good I hear. I'm swinging back with my cartographer and I drop a sky ruin drake in hopes of blocking his geopede if he doesn't have a land. He doesn't have a land so he plays quest for the gemblades and swings to bounce against my drake and get a counter. I swing thru the air with my drake and play a shepherd of the lost and my ever present tempest owl to chump block. I chump block with the owl and on my turn bring him down to 9 thru the air. I play another shepherd of the lost and a blademaster to chump for me (out of fear of harrow tricks). He whines about mana screw and says I only won because of luck. I play my 3rd Shepherd of the Lost and appreciate how lucky I am as I take the match.

2-1

10-2 games 5-0 matches

At this point I am guaranteed top 2 and an invite to the invitational Masters, which is apparently a format I don't play on a day I have to work so naturally I am overjoyed. I consider that my last opponent might drop if he just wanted the invite but I hope he doesn't.

Round 6 vs. JedD

He wins the roll and plays first. We both drop expedition map. We're both white/blue interestingly. Out of 105 players the last two decks standing are white/blue. Before this tournament I felt like green was the place to be and fatties dominated Zen sealed. After this sealed it is obvious that may not be the case. The game is kind of like watching two control decks as we both fetch land and drop Ior Ruin Expeditions but no threats. He plays a Kraken hatchling and gets his expedition up to 3 counters. He has a reckless scholar. He drops a wind rider eel. I drop a shepherd of the lost. Apparently I'm not playing fast enough for him as he is spamming his "End my turn" button. I tell him to calm down. He tries to arrow volley my shepherd but I whiplash trap it and his scholar but my board is looking pretty sad. He swings for 2 with the eel. I decide to go for it and drop roil elemental and a land to steal his eel. My lolomental takes a journey to nowhere and he gets his eel back. Board position looks terrible for me right now. I'm beating with shepherd of the lost while keeping it back to block. I try to play another but it gets summoner's bane to the face hole giving him even more dudes. I journey his eel out of desperation. He has kor sanctifiers to blow up my journey and the game is just about over, even if he's not doing much damage. My 2 shepherds hold off his dudes but he drops conqueror's pledge. I drop him to 6 with my awesome flying vigilence first strike beaters. I play kicked sphinx and drop crossroads to go up to 15, happy to be out of alpha strike range. Or so I think. He goes for the win and plays kicked Bold Defense to kill me with his kor dudes.

0-1

I board in cancel to stop his conqueror's pledge or the bold defense and board out the owl which is basically useless as he has plenty of fliers of his own.

I play first. He has expedition map and I am dropping land. He's not doing much either and the first creature to enter play is a Kor Cartographer on my side. I play a blademaster and get in some damage with my kor dude. He drops kicked Aether Figment which I send home to momma eot and draw a card with into the roil. I swing for 4 but my review of the logs shows he only took 2 and I somehow missed it, this is yet more evidence I have for what kind of player this JedD guy is as he showed in game 3. I play shepherd of the lost and he replays his figment. We're racing but I have another shepherd of the lost. He tries to whiplash trap my 2 shepherds but I have the cancel and he says onto game 3.

1-1

He plays first and gets a tempest owl in play and starts swinging. I have my crossroads to gain me life and I drop Umara Raptor which goes on the offensive. He plays into the roil with kicker on my raptor and I tell him to wait bluffing cancel. He plays his Ior Ruin Expedition swings for 1 and is done. I replay my raptor and my own ior ruin expedition. I play a land and kor cartographer and get 2 counters on my expedition. He plays a sky ruin drake. I whiplash trap both of his dudes eot and swing for 4. I accidentally attacked before playing my blademaster to get an extra counter on my raptor. In my second main phase I play my blademaster and accidentally click "end my turn" before I put my counters on my dudes.

At this point he seizes the opportunity to try to rules lawyer a victory for himself and says "allies say may, you ended your turn therefore you don't get counters on either of your dudes." It is pretty obvious I intended to put counters on my dudes and would have done so IRL in a real game. We end up in the judges room and they rule in his favor but I don't really care because my hand is good and I tell them "I'm going to smash this kid anyway." What is really at stake? A few rating points on Magic League? We're the top 2 so we both already got invites and there are no prizes yet this guy feels the need to try to rules lawyer/judgewhine his way to a win. It's really pathetic in my opinion and shows low self esteem on his part. We end up uploading logs and I note that he uploads a lot of logs, if you catch my drift. This is the kind of guy that is happy to win on a technicality so be careful when you play this guy. Use phases and make sure you don't misclick anything because he will seize upon it to try to create the conditions for an online magic victory in which nothing is at stake.

Anyway, we go back to the game and it's his turn and I sit there with my 1/1 blade master and 2/2 raptor. I play kicked Sphinx and draw into double shepherd of the lost. He whiplashes some guys, kills some guys. I play some dudes on the ground and with the help of arrow volley and his sky ruin drake he stabilizes the board at 1 life (would be dead if not for his rules lawyering on my allies) and I have a 2/4 oxen on my side and a kor cartographer with him having his drake and a wall or something. We pass turns a few times until I draw my blazing torch and send it to his dome to send him home crying to momma about "that lucky guy with 3 shepherd of the lost that didn't even know how to attack without tapping in mws and didn't even add counters to his allies lol." He rage quits and his rating points become my rating points.

I feel like I took a part of his soul with that game and it feels great. Nom, nom, nom, souls.

2-1

12-3 games 6-0 matches, I stand alone out of 105 entrants into the Zen Trial.

If you actually read this, thanks. See you at a PTQ around the Mid-Atlantic soon.

Last edited by SJM on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As great as your post/deck/whatever may be, please don't attack other members on the forums. It's pathetic.

Oh, and Magosi is great when used right. Narrow Escape is good. Blazing Torch is bad. Grazing Gladeheart is not a land.

For the record, this thread is most certainly bragging, you DIDN'T accomplish anything special, and you most definitely misplayed and got the fair ruling for it. Get over yourself.

Zapgaze out.
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapgaze wrote:
Blazing Torch is bad

Rolling Eyes

Your post is now invalid.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I thought rage-quitting and trash talking and trying to cheat was what all Magic-league was all about...
JedD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I uploaded "a lot of logs" because my round 4 opponent lied to the judges and stalled. That got him a DQ.

I didn't rules lawyer you.

You cast a creature, sat there for 5 seconds, passed the turn, then realized you're a retard and decided to add counters on my turn after I had already untapped and drew a card.

Again, if you want to parallel this to IRL, it would be the same as playing creatures, saying go, then realizing during my turn that you didn't add counters. Any judge would rule the same way regardless.

And yes you "smashed" me when I drew 13 lands in the top 20 or so. Grats.

Oh also, the "spam End my turn" thing is because I hit End my turn, you sat there for 10 seconds, said "Are you done?" I hit End my turn again, you sit there for another 5 seconds, so I hit it more because it's obvious that you're a bit slow.
RuSheR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hei gais i did 7-0 on m-l trial !!! lez make a thread to look laik a bawss .

and blazing torch is bad??? rly? wtf u on?
CalvinDeclan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

following the rules = rules lawyering? hilarious
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJM, you're not too bright.

Also, don't post any Sealed deck that doesn't include Scute Mob. No one will be impressed.

Also, JedD is 35609840697 times the player you are, and it is evident by the fact that he follows the rules, and you bitch when you fuck up in a game, you whiny little shit.
PenguinSlave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: October 7 ZEN Sealed Trial Report - 105 enter, 1 man lea Reply with quote

"12-3 games 6-0 matches, I stand alone out of 105 entrants into the Zen Trial" please explain to me how this isnt bragging?stupid retard, you're a ok player you didnt do anything amazing you got a good pool and you got lucky,get over yourself kid
JedD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I failed the point out earlier to the "nonbragger" is to look at your deck, then look at mine. You were supposed to win with that deck. Lol@Mine.

For those of you that didn't look or may be too lazy:

1 Ęther Figment
1 Arrow Volley Trap
1 Bold Defense
1 Conqueror's Pledge
1 Expedition Map
1 Expedition Map
1 Gomazoa
1 Into the Roil
1 Ior Ruin Expedition
1 Journey to Nowhere
1 Kor Hookmaster
1 Kor Outfitter
1 Kor Sanctifiers
1 Kraken Hatchling
1 Luminarch Ascension
1 Reckless Scholar
1 Sky Ruin Drake
1 Summoner's Bane
1 Summoner's Bane
1 Tempest Owl
1 Welkin Tern
1 Whiplash Trap
1 Windrider Eel
8 Plains
9 Island
mchosa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QQ
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedD that is the essence of bragging... you won with good cards look what i did with bad.

the truth of it is- this sealed format is AWESOME and there's valid archetypes in every color combination. the land with abilities means free spells in every color.
i was a 16land fanatic in m10 and only lost 3 matches in the format ever. 2x GPTs and GP.
zendikar is an 18land format and as much as i hate 18 i can tolerate it because 1 soaring seacliff and 2 teetering peaks puts me right where i want to be. FREE SPELLS... its sucha cheat!

as to your pool... magosi is not good. if it is good its ebcause u are already very ahead. everyoen maindecks mold shamblers, ruinblasters, etc. so it's just asking for trouble.

expedition map is worse than another land. this is the case ALWAYS unless you are a)splashing b)playing valakut in monored.

magosi = island, map = plains. cut kabira- u dont ened it. ud rather curve over 6 rounds than hitch once on a shepherd.

your ally base means u dont ened ox... and since u fly you probably dont need owl. narrow escape is a totally legit card and saving your only intimidate blocker, roil, land for roil, angel... or jsut pumping your allies again... is great.
JedD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never claimed I wasn't bragging :-p
dwarfas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats you busted open a good sealed deck.

I bust open two living tsunamis and win a mini. It's easy to get good cards and win with it.

Magosi... is pretty retarded to want in your deck.
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapgaze wrote:

Blazing Torch is bad.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/gptam09/day1#18

Seems like two undefeated decks at GP Tampa disagree.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2