Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UR Runeflare combo deck

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: UR Runeflare combo deck Reply with quote

What is the matter with me these days!? Yet another combo deck comes out of my head! Has worked even better than I thought so far!

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
9 [ALA] Island (4)
5 [ALA] Mountain (4)
3 [ZEN] Magosi, the Waterveil
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
2 [CFX] Reliquary Tower

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Runeflare Trap
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [M10] Pyroclasm
4 [M10] Howling Mine
4 [CFX] Font of Mythos
4 [M10] Ponder
4 [M10] Unsummon
4 [ZEN] Trapmaker's Snare
2 [M10] Sleep
3 [M10] Twincast

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M10] Sleep
SB: 4 [ALA] Swerve
SB: 4 [M10] Flashfreeze
SB: 3 [M10] Negate
SB: 1 [ZEN] Whiplash Trap
SB: 1 [ZEN] Mindbreak Trap
SB: 1 [ZEN] Lavaball Trap

Multiple turn 4 kills so far, and surprisingly high stability. May want the full playset of Twincast, but we will see...

Font of Mythos and Runeflare Trap is a 2-card combo, and multiples provided by Snare/Twincast is quite possibly lethal in one turn, making this a true combo deck.

This is exciting, folks! The sideboard isn't made out of necessity after testing.

And me who hates combodecks! Surprised
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I love this deck already! I could see shaving an Unsummon (has it been that good for you thus far?) for the last Twincast for consistency purposes. I love the singleton traps for Trapmaker's Snare in the board, too. How has Magosi been?
SJM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

Cut a font of mythos for a twincast.
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cut a font of mythos for a twincast.

Quote:
Font of Mythos and Runeflare Trap is a 2-card combo, and multiples provided by Snare/Twincast is quite possibly lethal in one turn, making this a true combo deck.
svenihilator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's a combo deck that loses to aggro decks, which are supposed to be their good match-up? Get's utterly destroyed by anything paking negate or bant charm.

I like the idea for casual, but I'm afraid it's not competative enough for standard. The Owl decks had a constant way of dealing damage, you have four spells that do nothing against aggro.
magicalmatt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a deck similar to this one went 4-1 in yesterdays trial <_< lost to the jund that took 1st
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svenihilator wrote:
So it's a combo deck that loses to aggro decks, which are supposed to be their good match-up? Get's utterly destroyed by anything paking negate or bant charm.

I like the idea for casual, but I'm afraid it's not competative enough for standard. The Owl decks had a constant way of dealing damage, you have four spells that do nothing against aggro.

Haven't faced an aggro deck that was faster... yet. Have obvious problems with Maelstrom Pulse, though.
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this exciting NOW?

I definitely made this deck a month ago, tested it, and played it in the trial yesterday making top 6. xD

I like adding a mill element to it too just in case you can't runeflare for the win.... what if they somehow thought hem you or mana ramp into life gain? I think archive trap deserves a place in this deck.... 3 of my 9 wins were necessary mills in the trial yesterday.

Oh, and mill beats aggro that has any mana ramp or fetch lands as well.

Thanks for the credit magicalmatt xD, not really appreciating the lack of credit from the original post xD

"Yet another combo deck comes out of my head! Has worked even better than I thought so far!". Lol.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGODehT wrote:
Why is this exciting NOW?

I definitely made this deck a month ago, tested it, and played it in the trial yesterday making top 6. xD

I like adding a mill element to it too just in case you can't runeflare for the win.... what if they somehow thought hem you or mana ramp into life gain? I think archive trap deserves a place in this deck.... 3 of my 9 wins were necessary mills in the trial yesterday.

Oh, and mill beats aggro that has any mana ramp or fetch lands as well.

Thanks for the credit magicalmatt xD, not really appreciating the lack of credit from the original post xD

"Yet another combo deck comes out of my head! Has worked even better than I thought so far!". Lol.

It DID come out of my head. Did not claim originality, though. Never do. Link to your version?
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/tournament/info.php?id=55156&view=decks

Top 6 in yesterday's trial.

I was attempting to get top 3 so that people would realize that a U/R combo deck was viable in the current metagame..... I lost to person who came in first though by 1 turn in game 3. xD
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 3 a Magic=League trial is HARDLY proof that a deck is good. =/ It is ALMOST proof that the deck is sub-par.

I think you're up-playing yourself pretty hard.
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which brings me to my next point, DoomBring3r;

NEDS MOAR SCUTE MOB!
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say turn 4 wins. But how? Font costs 4. It means you tap out turn 4. :S

If you Twincast a Trap you don't win unless your opponent has 10 cards in hand.

Please explain me how can you win on turn 4?
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Nice. Very Happy

Haven't you considered Pyromancer Ascension?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SniperMayer wrote:
You say turn 4 wins. But how? Font costs 4. It means you tap out turn 4. :S

If you Twincast a Trap you don't win unless your opponent has 10 cards in hand.

Please explain me how can you win on turn 4?

Double Howling Mine is needed for that. Most decks have a full hand after drawing 2 turn 2 and 3 in their third turn, at which point they have 10 cards in hand and if they can't play an instant, a double or twincasted Runeflare is lethal.

Turn 4 wins are rare because of this. Turn 5 is more normal.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6