Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wr Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Rith54154

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Wr Control Reply with quote

I've been having alot of success with this deck and i like it alot i fiqured i post the list and see what people think of it.

Land ( 24 )
14x Plains
3x Mountain
4x Arid Messa
3x Emeria, The Sky Ruin

Creature ( 8 )
4x World Queller
4x Captain of the Watch

Spells ( 28 )
4x Lighting Bolt
4x Harm's Way
4x Path to Exile
3x Day of Judgement
4x Ajani Vengent
2x Elspeth
2x Martial Coup
3x Luminarch Asenion
2x Amillary Sphere

SIDEBOARD
2x Obilvion Ring
4x Burst Lightning
2x Celestrial Purge
2x Devot Lightcaster
2x Kor Santifiers
2x Pithing Needle
1x Day of Judgement

The deck is basically like Valakut control except white, you use the spot removal and mass remove to kill all there dudes and win with your Wolrd Queller/Captain or with Planswalkers/Ascention If you get that land online never ending Captain and World Queller is pretty riduiculos.
Aphasic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried this deck, it just always seemed like it was missing something, i ran baneslayers instead of captains, and one iona. the problem was it didnt have enough threats that the aggro deck just destroyed it. With Jund and Vamps as most likely the top two decks right now, they had so much removal that it wiped everytime.... how have you been doing in the match ups so far?
Rith54154

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played 3-4 matches agianst the Grixis Vampire list. I won 3 of the 4 matches. The other match it was 1-1 and MWS had an error...Go figure. With all the removal the deck has aggro isn't that much of a problem. The reason i run the captain over the baneslayer isthat i run few creatures. They have to use multiple kill spells to kill my captain and his buddies. Recurring Captains is just stupid, most of the games i win is by making a dude with Elspeth and just pumping and attacking for 4 for multiple turns. The deck can win pretty fast too if i get a 2nd turn Luminarch and protect me/it and just make stupid amount of angels. I haven't played agianst Jund really, I did play a cascade Naya type deck with Bloodbraid's and Enlisted etc...Which i won. The game usually ends up with me killing everything and winning with a 1/1 and if the land gets active its over.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1