Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naya Landfall deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I'm not so sure about Plated Gigapede and Steppe Lynx. Without landfall, they're pretty useless (alright, so harrow might make them powerhouses). Try making it into Birds or Noble Heirarch (I'd prefer birds), add Woolly Thoctar (it IS Naya), Lightning bolts (instead of the Shrine), Naya Charm, and change Ajani into Elspeth. I like the Ascension, though. Let's test it out!
squeekysheep

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks allot like like a build i am making but i use Wild Nacatl, 2 scute mobs and ranger of eos. the sac lands + harrow just ound through and the ranger keeps you going.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if youre making a deck on landfall play lotus cobra
squeekysheep

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really like the bane slayers main, i would probly move the angel to the side and move path into main.

i agree no lotus cobra in this it's not a ramp deck. the focus should be keeping your enemy on their toes.
prometheus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was running with this list for zoo, and was pretty happy with it. It's got suprising staying power, but the mana consistancy wasn't where it needed to be.

4 rootbound crag
2 sunpetal grove
4 arid mesa
6 forest
5 mountain
3 plains

4 wild nacatl
4 goblin guide
1 goblin bushwhacker
4 wooly thoctar
4 ranger of eos
4 bloodbraid elf

4 lightning bolt
3 burst lightning
4 path to exile

sb
4 goblin ruinblaster
3 journey to nowhere
3 great sable stag
2 hellspark elemental
1 burst lightning
2 harm's way
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have taken out Zektar Shrine Expedition, Beastmaster Ascension and Overrun in order to add Knight of the White Orchid and Path to Exile, plus either the 3rd Garruk or more instants.

In any case you need to deal with Baneslayer Angel and other threats/blockers and PtE can function as an emergency landfall or as a response to Tendrils of Corruption etc.

The Knight is a good early threat that can sometimes activate landfall.

The Shrine and Ascension aren't good cards.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i protest! Beastmaster Ascension is not a bad card! It's just not quite the best card for this current deck, bro. Since it's Naya, try out a list featuring Wild Nacatl-Ranger of Eos-Scute Mob (plus 1 Feral Hydra) combo, Wooly Thoctar, Mycoid Shepherd, etc with Lotus Cobra. But since you don't seem to like Lotus Cobra (neither do I, for that matter - but it still has a nifty ability), do what landfall does best. What does landfall do best? Uh... nothing really comes to me at the moment, besides the big bad baloths (no Cobra shenanigans). Anyhow, maybe avoid the landfall thing, try sticking with the 'regular' Naya build plus Baneslayer and Scute Mob. Summoner's Trap ROCKS man! I put a 4 of in my sideboard immediately. I LOVE THE WAY the blue player looks when he counters, say, Baneslayer and I play the Summoner and search for Realmrazer/big frickin' angel that won't let them play blue spells again EVER.

Just a suggestion... must play some more...
emckenzie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baneslayer should always be 4-of Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1