Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for serious team members. Possible sponsors involved

Goto page Previous  1, 2

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
apocchime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you seem proud of those mundane accomplishments mason.
i hope curley bites down and takes off your nub.
X_MaSoN_X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. =)

For the record, after talking to me a little bit, Curly has joined the team. We also did end up picking up Jan, who is a very distinguished player having already gained 20 pro points(10 from this season) and is currently tanked 79th overall in the world.

I am looking forward to this upcoming season. We currently have 4 of our members qualified for Austin, we have a solid MIRC channel with people who are not on our team but are still good players.

If anyone would like to keep in touch, feel free to join our forums on www.team-gdt.net

I intend on having the team finalised by the pre-release of zendicar.
X_MaSoN_X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team GDT is finalized. If anyone is curious, feel free to check out this lengthy topic =P

http://www.team-gdt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=489
coolcreep

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit, if all it takes is a couple 4-4s as PTQs to be pro, I had better start printing out ads for draft lessons a la coolcreep.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is 0-2 bye drop at ptq's good enough for your team?
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no fault in what your doing and props to you for getting a team organised and having some ambition as nico said a healthy thing.

However I think you do need a reality check, your results are really nothing special, my first event was gp birmingham and i went 2-2 drop it was limited and prior to the tournament I had never played limited in my life I did not even know the cards in the set.

The next event I played in was a qualifer for nationals, it was my first constructed tournament I finished 3rd and qualified.

I did my first ever draft after the event and went 1-2 winning my first game, not many people win there first ever draft game.

By the time nationals came round I was playing magic-league every day and obssesed with magic, I made the top 32, narrowly losing to Sam Gommersal on the end of day 1 who went on to make the top 8.

I have since played in around 4 ptq's the worst I have ever done is 2-2 with an incomplete kami block gifts deck, I missed the top 8 by one win with ug madness in extd, I almost top 8 a kami block PTQ with a deck built around hairstrung koto as its only realistic way of winning unfortunatly in the bubble match my opponet had arti removal, my pool was awful. I top 8 a double blue envelope event for pro tour london, with a solid wb deck with nagoa bound ny honour and my mvp throar slitter. I drafted the UR splice archtype in the top8 a very hard to play archtype that I loved but often made mistakes that cost me the game with which was probably the wrong move anyway but I was also suffering from a gigantic headache, my opponet picked up on this and started rules lawyering about anything he could, which is the last thing you need someone doing to you when you have a killer headache, I totally threw game 1 with the win on the board. Shortly after the release of Ravnica I quit playing irl magic due to personal reasons.

I am no where near a pro player still and never will be as I've lost interest and I am certainly not a magic prodigy, yet my inital results are far more impressive than yours. I'm not saying that you can not achieve it and do not ever waste your time listening to people who tell you, you can not do things. You are going about it in the right way by getting a group but you still have alot to learn, I hope you see I'm not just insulting you for having some ambition I'm just trying to give you some perspective.
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curly wrote:
Woooooo. Like OMG you can haz a high m-l rating Lol. What's your real rating big bad guy??. Who the fuck would post m-l rating. Sigh

I think Bouncy has like a 1950+ constructed rating... gogo James Pirkey?
JPirk87

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curly wrote:
Woooooo. Like OMG you can haz a high m-l rating Lol. What's your real rating big bad guy??. Who the fuck would post m-l rating. Sigh

https://webapp.wizards.com/ratings.aspx?dcinumber=29912822&Demographic=1|1&BrandRatedSeasons=&ratingseasonid=&Page=1&action=Search_Member

Thats me James Pirkey, if you really need to know -.-'.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2