Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MWS and Planeswalkers

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
MotC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: MWS and Planeswalkers Reply with quote

Hello, I'm having an issue with Planeswalkers. I'm using deck edit mode and whenever I try and add a Planeswalker to my deck it doesnt show up. The number of cards does go up and it is actually there when I play, but not in the list. This only happens with the Planeswalkers in Alara block. I havn't played in 2 years and I downloaded the patches to get Alara block and so on.
Knowing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem before, they wont show up untill you put creatures in there. So if you have creatures in there first they will show up
Jools

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong. Actually, even if I'm a registered user of MWS, I've downloaded the most recent database (the one which includes everything to M10, the link is somewhere on this site, not sure if I can point to it here, so go search for it) and I don't have any planeswalker problem at all. Notice that this problem was really present since planeswalkers made their first appearance (database which uncludes Lorwyn the first time), this is fixed right with the latest database update, although all of the CITP lands now experience a different and new problem while playing ^^

Time will tell...? ^^
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they made a patch to help alara PWs make it into your deck but Lorwyn ones sstill have issues.

they sometimes will not show while you have 0 creatures in your deck. the alara ones need a creature in your deck during the build and then u can take it out. the M10 ones (last i checked) need a creature in teh deck AS YOU load.
if you ahve a creatureless deck then put an elder dragon or whatnot into your deck and pull it out during games before u draw.
i dont knwo that official fix that allows for a creatureless deck with PWs. if you do have a single creature in your deck with planeswalkers, just add it before u add the Walkers.
Jools

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using this exact database (from a clean install, pics were all added from the mwhq scans, also I've set options only for external pics and not other strange things like mtg encyclopedia nor direct CPU rendering of cards - I mean I luckily have now ALL high-quality scans of every MtG cards until M10):

http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/mws/5-mtg-masterbase

And even with 4x Garruk from Lorwyn in a creatureless deck (new deck, give a name, start to placing some garruk, then some forests, then various spells but no creatures at all, then save, tried some multi and single player testing) I can see that there are NO problems both in count columns (can remove some cards and even some pw copies, or add also 9 of them for example and still count works).

Planeswalker problems really seems fixed at least for me, only they appear as SPELLS in column type (previous times they were creatures if I'm not wrong) and the CIPT lands instead have this strange problem while playing: they come into play UNtapped ^^

Probably it's a matter of subsequent patching, I know there can be some problems in doing so. For example I remember "simple" patching Lorwyn caused me some weird problems with Ravnica hybrid mana... When I reinstalled again mws (and buyed a license just because I like this program and I like doing some expansion for me and my bro' for funny plays), I choose to install a whole new database which I can't remember exactly the last set (I think Shadowmoor, but I'm not really sure) and then all "strange mana" problems suddenly disappeared.

At these times I remember also planeswalkers had the famous problem in deckbuilding counters. Excuse for my poor english ^^

So, for me there aren't any problems with Planeswalkers, only for cipt lands right now. At least until zendikar comes up... ^^
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends where you get your patches/database from
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1