Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE BEST EXTENDED DECK WITH ZEN

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
XZERO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: THE BEST EXTENDED DECK WITH ZEN Reply with quote

Just made the t2 list with chrome mox, but then some players told me about this creature Bloodghast, playing against mono black that used it. omfg omfg omfg is so good and perfect for this deck. I just took 1 darkblast 1 Life from the loam chrome mox for new fetchlands, 3 Bloodghast and +1 mutavault instead of svogthos, the restless tomb. and the deck become the perfect Dredge from below! last new change + 1 Sphinx of Lost Truths
// Lands
2 [CS] Snow-Covered Island
2 [CS] Snow-Covered Swamp
3 [CS] Snow-Covered Forest
2 [RAV] Overgrown Tomb
2 [DIS] Ghost Quarter
2 [DIS] Breeding Pool
1 [MOR] Mutavault
2 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
2 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest

// Creatures
4 [RAV] Golgari Grave-Troll
4 [RAV] Stinkweed Imp
4 [FUT] Narcomoeba
4 [TSP] Greenseeker
1 [RAV] Flame-Kin Zealot
1 [ZEN] Sphinx of Lost Truths
1 [LE] Akroma, Angel of Wrath
4 [GP] Drowned Rusalka
4 [PLC] Magus of the Bazaar
1 [RAV] Golgari Thug
3 [ZEN] Bloodghast

// Spells
2 [RAV] Darkblast
2 [RAV] Life from the Loam
4 [FUT] Bridge from Below
4 [TSP] Dread Return

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [MR] Chalice of the Void
SB: 3 [DS] Echoing Truth
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void

I hope you will b all agree with me! XD Razz Cool

Last edited by XZERO on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryuzaki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dredge is going to be always a Tier 2 deck cause there is a lot of ways to stop it:

Tormods crypt
Leyline of the void
Extirpate

even a mogg fanatic is a kick in the nuts

i would never play that deck.
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play dredge i would play burning inquary goblin lore and ideas unbound all in the deck to make it insanly quick.

KeySam
ryuzaki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and run the shroud angel of bant instead of Akroma, or maybe the angel that bans a color, both are better
HPB_Eggo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredge is a fun deck. However, I don't think the list you are running is quite optimal. Greenkeeper, Drowned Rusalka, and Magus of the Bazaar all seem like cards that won't be helping you to win very often, as you will not be able to cast them most of the time, and you definitely don't want to be wasting Dread Returns on them. Akroma is also generally not a great choice, as she will basically eat a PtE the second she comes into play. You want cards to reanimate that have an instant effect.

Sphinx of Lost Truths and Eternal Witness are much, much better cards for the deck than any of the four mentioned above. They have an immediate impact, and they help you win. It also doesn't matter one bit if you sack them to get something else done. Ideas Unbound should also be played, as it is the closest you can get to Breakthrough in Extended.

Somewhere in the 75 you should play some number of Wispmare and Ancestor's Chosen. One will absolutely dominate aggro, and the other is an answer to Leyline, for which you currently have only bounce to get rid of, and bounce cannot be used from the graveyard.

Essentially, you should be looking at playing a version of Legacy LED-less Ichorid, with Bloodghast replacing Ichorid, Sphinx of Lost Truths replacing Cephalid Sage, Ideas Unbound replacing Breakthrough, etc.
kfcman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HPB_Eggo wrote:
Dredge is a fun deck. However, I don't think the list you are running is quite optimal. Greenkeeper, Drowned Rusalka, and Magus of the Bazaar all seem like cards that won't be helping you to win very often, as you will not be able to cast them most of the time, and you definitely don't want to be wasting Dread Returns on them. Akroma is also generally not a great choice, as she will basically eat a PtE the second she comes into play. You want cards to reanimate that have an instant effect.

Sphinx of Lost Truths and Eternal Witness are much, much better cards for the deck than any of the four mentioned above. They have an immediate impact, and they help you win. It also doesn't matter one bit if you sack them to get something else done. Ideas Unbound should also be played, as it is the closest you can get to Breakthrough in Extended.

Somewhere in the 75 you should play some number of Wispmare and Ancestor's Chosen. One will absolutely dominate aggro, and the other is an answer to Leyline, for which you currently have only bounce to get rid of, and bounce cannot be used from the graveyard.

Essentially, you should be looking at playing a version of Legacy LED-less Ichorid, with Bloodghast replacing Ichorid, Sphinx of Lost Truths replacing Cephalid Sage, Ideas Unbound replacing Breakthrough, etc.

even in jest, why be so terrible?
XZERO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: OK! Reply with quote

thank you all for your suggestions, I will make some changes but I really like the deck the way it is and how its working. btw I agree with "akroma will eat some PtE and thats why I will remove her! XD thx
Valandor
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with dredge mostly is that it became slow when ichorid and breakthrough rotated out. And even back when it had ichorid you had to win fast before any hate came online or be lucky to have a pithing needle in your opening hand to stop the worst hate.
iSilent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryuzaki wrote:
dredge is going to be always a Tier 2 deck cause there is a lot of ways to stop it:

Tormods crypt
Leyline of the void
Extirpate

even a mogg fanatic is a kick in the nuts

i would never play that deck.

RELIC OF PROGENITUS!! :DDDDDDDDDD.
Yixild Jailer (no one is in the right mind to play that)
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea about a retrurn of dredge is possible, but you builded the deck so wrong...
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s[hinx of the steel wind is fantastic and only loses to path to exile.

i agree that the red outlets are pretty fantastic.

bloodghast is clearly the best rare in zendikar. it's one of the most versatile cards ever printed.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This list is deplorable...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2