Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for serious team members. Possible sponsors involved

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
X_MaSoN_X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Looking for serious team members. Possible sponsors involved Reply with quote

I am attempting to put a Magic team together and was wondering if anyone was interested. Here is a little bit of background information.

I started playing magic last november and right away I surpassed my friends. I quickly got competative. I was playing only standard, learned of an extended PTQ that was coming up in about a week. Made a zoo deck, spent a week learning the meta went and played and went 4-4 for my first tournament. After that I went to standard regionals and took 14th out of 242 players. I went to my first standard PTQ, ran jund, and faced 7 black red decks in my 8 matches. I went 4-4 again.

My performances don't show it, but I am fairly good at the game, especially for playing less then a year. I figured out early I wanted to play on the pro tour, and I took a break this summer because I didn't have internet. Now I am back and I want to make a team. I figure it can be about 6-10 people. The idea is we constantly play with each other, run ideas by each other and all that razzimatazz. We will play on the forbidden program, and I have a ventrillo server for us to use while we play. I have already found a name and orginization that will allow us to play under thier name. The team name will be GDT(Global Domination Time). They have already made a big name for them in the DOTA scene. They have a fairly high chance of getting sponsers soon, and we might be able to recieve some of that.

What I am looking for is other people who have the drive that I have. I want people who are trying to get on the pro tour and would like to play with other serious people. I currently have one friend IRL who wants to be on the team, but other then that I am looking for serious players here.

We have recently recruited the #89th constructed rated player in the world, and a guy from finland who has also qualified for the austin PT.

If you would like to talk to me about it, or you are interested, or willing to offer some advice, respond here or contact me on msn at nick_all@hotmail.com or AIM at nickalous mi

You can also join our mirc channel at irc.utonet.org The channel is #gathering

Website is www.team-gdt.net
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the forbidden program ?
Magic Workstation ?
It's not forbidden :/
X_MaSoN_X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, I copied this from magic's forums, which you can't say magic workstation on
kittykat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to join!
necrodc101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: hey bub Reply with quote

hey i have a couple of people including myself that are semi pros in miami whenever u want to talk my name in aim is necrodc101...later
matthew34516

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in joining.
Vesuvian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm laughing at the "possible sponsors" bit. Somehow I doubt it.
apocchime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vesuvian wrote:
I'm laughing at the "possible sponsors" bit. Somehow I doubt it.

why would you be laughing? quoted from the site "Their game is Magic the Gathering and the head of their team is an American player named Nick Mi who while relatively new to the scene has outstanding potential and the smarts to go far in the game." I mean he HAS already 4-4'ed 2 YES 2 PTQ's AND near T8'ed a regionals!!!!!! who wouldn't want to sponsor this prodigy? I mean with a resume like this team GDT is sure to be a force to be reckoned with. I fully expect a T8 in Austin. Any odds makers in the house?
badasssmurf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got $10 on 0-2 drop. he could be a phenom in the side drafts though...
curly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied in your mtgsal post and ill do it again here. Your a scrub atm, You said you have one player Qed for austin, and one with 3 pro points.... NO WAI Hell I Qed for austin, and I suck... Also 4-4 twice at ptqs must make you feel real good...I mean your progity right?? kai budde number 1???? sigh.. failmoarplz?
JPirk87

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: A little immature. Reply with quote

I think its a little rediculous, that you are all flaming him. The only way to get better at this game is to play and having a collection of minds of which to bounce plays and ideas off of is a very usefull thing.

Quote:
I replied in your mtgsal post and ill do it again here. Your a scrub atm, You said you have one player Qed for austin, and one with 3 pro points.... NO WAI Hell I Qed for austin, and I suck... Also 4-4 twice at ptqs must make you feel real good...I mean your progity right?? kai budde number 1???? sigh.. failmoarplz?

I don't see how this is relevant at all. I am significantly better than you and yet you don't see me flaming your terribleness. Be more polite and encouraging to future players. Its just the right thing to do. You never know who the next big thing is.

_Bouncyer_
curly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you fucking kidding me? your telling me, curly, not to flame a noob?? your a goof, and maby you are better maby not... but even so.. Id expect to be flamed if I put up ZERO decent results and wanted a serious/pro team. eat moar dick please. You should follow mother liek son eh?
JPirk87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that rating means everything, but just for the hilarious factor:

http://www.magic-league.com/rating/?view=history&category=1&player=742

http://www.magic-league.com/rating/?view=history&player=60916&category=1
curly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooooo. Like OMG you can haz a high m-l rating Lol. What's your real rating big bad guy??. Who the fuck would post m-l rating. Sigh
X_MaSoN_X

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blow me Curley. I'm honest. Now lets take a look at my performances.

1st PTQ: I wanted to experiance a PTQ. I had only played standard at this point since I had just learned the game about 3 months prior. I learned it was extended, having never played or watched a single extended game. This was a week before it started. Now, I had to start from scratch with this meta. I knew absolutely nothing about extended aside from 10th, lor, and shards. Now, I also didn't have a deck. I didn't have extended cards. So I got together with the friends in my city, and we managed to make a zoo deck with extra cards they had. I took this deck I got the night before the PTQ, entered in a format I had just started learning a week ago, and went 4-4 with it. I was pretty damn happy with that.

Then came

Nationals.

This was the first event I was serious about. I had been building this deck slowly from the first day I started magic. It was my first deck. It started from the eventide red/white deck, and I turned it into boat brew. Now, everyone was saying boat brew was dead, black white tokens was better, etc. I took this deck and I pioleted it to 14th. I very well could of made it to the top 8, but the second game I lost, the preasure got to me. I had a headache, was getting very hot, my eyes were tired, etc. After I lost my second game I knew I wasn't top 8ing(and that's all I cared about), and all those problems went away. I now know how to deal with that in the future.

My Second PTQ was this summer. Now let me tell you about this summer. My goal with magic was to start getting serious this college year. Why? Because I didn't have internet at all this summer. I coudl go to the library. I literally went to the library, looked at some decks, decided what I wanted, and went and got the cards for it, because how could I not go to a PTQ that is literally 20 miles from my house? I did not put any effort, any play testing into it what so ever.

Other then that, my rating is 1700-1800 depending in which catagory.

So curly, with that in mind, I would like to ask you a serious question, and I want you to think about it. Can you fuck off? Thanks. =)

On a side note, we are currently interviewing a guy who has 20 pro points(10 from this season), and is currently ranked 80th in the world combined. We are really hoping to recruit him for a much more solid team member base. =)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2