Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Zendikar Cards (Warning Spoilers)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am slightly disappointed in the fact that domain zoo will be back now and not just 3 color. This also will allow elfball decks to run the b/g fetch if they print it in this set to become more resilient to the hate by running cards like thoughtseize and the like. I am personally going to be very happy to see a u/g fetch as it will be a huge deal in legacy and will make threshold decks even better, not to mention it will allow all the natural order decks to find dryad arbor or basic island which is huge. I think what it really comes down to is wizards likes making money and what better way than to continue to print money, they did the same thing with m10 and FTV: Exiled. I don't think manabases will continue to run $200 simply because it is a field of many basic lands and the duals in m10 and fetches. It is still not nearly as bad as all the decks running many filters and reflecting pools.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new Fetchlands players will only need to run few basics as the M10 lands will feed off the basic land you choose to get. The new Fetchlands are probrably going to go for around $15-20 each and the average deck will probrably pack about 6 or 7 of them, making it roughly $100 on them alone. Plus the average $10 a piece for the M10 lands will easily skyrocket the mana base alone to nearly $200. Then in less than a year the M10 lands have a chance of rotating, forcing you to restructure your mana base.
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why I don't play competitive magic in real life. having to spend $200+ every year? fuck no!
TehDudeAbide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iona is ftw!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2