Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pox sb advise

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
farkaa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Pox sb advise Reply with quote

I will be attending the first Legacy tourney that the local shop has held in a long time so I really dont know what to expect to face. I will be playing Pox. Im pretty happy with the decklist i have but need sb advise. Both, what to have in the sb and what to bring in and take out against what decks. But good ideas for the main deck would be welcome aswell.
Smallpox 4
Pox 3
Thoughtseize 4
Hymn 4
Sinkhole 4
Tombstalker 3
Nether Spirit 2
Dark Ritual 4
Diabolic Edict 2
Doom Blade 2
Crucible of Worlds 2
Swamp 14
Wasteland 4
Urborg 3
Mishra's Factory 3

Sideboard

Dystopia 4
Engineered Plague 4
Powder Keg 4
Tormod's Crypt 3

Any costructive advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit

After reading some of the comments I took another look at the list I posted and realized some of the numbers were wrong so I edited the list.

Last edited by farkaa on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
apocchime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nyxathid
farkaa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried them for a bit but took them out for the same reason I took out The Rack. Although there is alot of hand destruction there hand tends too fill up due to the amount of land destruction. tombstalker has turned out to be a better creature in my experience.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 crucible seems one too many. Consider adding scrublands with fetches and a playset of vindicates.
styx^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off... you should play dark ritual. Second, you should play smother over doom blade... you wanna be able to kill dark confidant... and also in my opinion i think you should play less nether spirit and you should add senseis divining top and chimeric idol.

The SB seems ok if you don't know what to expect
farkaa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although adding white would give me more options Im gonna need to keep it straight black cause I dont have the Scrubs and couldnt get them before this next weekend. Your probably right about the smothers. Ill have to get some games in with them. the creature set of 3 Tombstalkers and 2 Nether spirits is good imo. Using Idols was messing with my Mishras basically taking them off the table.
farkaa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets switch out the Doomblades for Smothers. What I really need help with is what to swap out for what when boarding. Im too inlove with the maindeck and hate to take out more than a couple cards and find myself just wanting to take out Dark Rituals and the Crucibles which i know is a bad idea.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1