Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Marvel Set...gotta check this out

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Mr_Eko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Custom Marvel Set...gotta check this out Reply with quote

First off let me say thx to esperzinski for showing me the ropes of MSE and getting me started.He got me thinking about making my own custom set, and I am a huge fan of marvel/dc so I decided I was gonna give it a go.

Check out my first rough draft of a few cards and let me know if we got some potential here.

Maybe get some ppl to download and play with the cards for fun.....Flames and criticism are welcome Smile

Spoilers for Marvicon :

http://picasaweb.google.com/kadsuarez/Marvicon#

Also, hit me up if you have some ideas.
cdubs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit and The Hulk are broke. Magneto doesnt have any starting loyalty.
DistortedPer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulk > Tarmogoyf =D

And Magneto's VERY broken, considering Ajani Vengeant has the same ability, but it costs -1 Loyalty... +1 for this ability is far too powerful
Mr_Eko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not worried about being broke or not right now, just wanted some feedback on the idea....and nothing is broken until an entire set is put together. I just threw some pics together this morning before I left.

what I wanted to know is ppl would be interested in playing with a set like this?
DrekheaD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were done by someone who wasn't just a Marvel fanboy, and if it were playtested for about a year, then maybe.

Come up with a DC and we'll talk =).
rickyJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude WTF you made Carnage a bad card fix that..!!!!!!!
Mr_Eko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of making a separate set for DC, cuz like I said, I enjoy them both. but I have been adding cards little by little. Trying to make abilities in tact with what the characters really do.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think any of the creatures are broken, you can get away with printing powerfull creatures, as long as you give the set good removal. However magneto with the +1 lightning bolt effect is to powerfull, it would be fine as a minus effect like ajani but plus effect is plain unfair.
Kytep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrekheaD wrote:
Come up with a DC and we'll talk =).

I've never understood the Marvel vs. DC rivalry. I'm not a comic follower, but I know a few of the characters. Why the rivalry? Are there certain themes in Marvel that its fans like that are not in DC, and vice-versa? What do Marvel fans think of (in terms of general themes, not specific characters) when they think of "Marvel" vs. "DC"? Same with DC fans - what do they think?

(I don't mean to hijack the thread here; just curious since the rivalry seems to have been hinted and I've always sort of wondered what it's all about.)

Thanks,
Kytep
BL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people that make custom sets(a lot over at mtgsal, or evan erwin's if you like celebrities) don't have a clue about templating? Really, how hard is it to copy a similar effect's wording from a real card? It looks awkward and sloppy.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking LOVE the cards! That is SO cool, I'd like to see a whole set made like that, with pics and everything.

Ofc the templating is fucking terrible, and the cards range from awful to broken, but hey, that's just like regular magic! Very Happy

Very cool idea, I want to see this happen.
rwitko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of them need some edits but overall good job seems fun!

I think Hulk NEEDS regenerate (he always gets stronger)

Magneto was well done.
Mr_Eko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for feedback guys, and as far as Magneto having a +1 lightning bolt equivalent to ajani....Its not. Ajani is gain 3 life as well. And quite frankly, Magneto would whip Ajani's ass anyday of the week

As far as DC VS marvel rivalry....no clue where that started or why, I really enjoy them both. I am a huge Green Lantern fan and of course Superman. Actually all of the Justice League I enjoy.

I am glad some people caught on to the abilities somewhat being akin to the super heros powers. I think I will take this serious and work on it for a few weeks, then repost with a 200+ card set. Problem will be "who" do I make common/unc/rare etc.... I know Carnage is bad ass but someones gotta be a normal creature.
bob-dole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoying the art and debating whether the characters abilities are represented correctly. That was how it was playing Vs.

Its a shame.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2