Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twincast and bituminous blast

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
le0pard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Twincast and bituminous blast Reply with quote

I have 2 questions.
My friends are claiming that you can cast bituminous blast without targeting if theres a creature or two in play that could be a legal target so in case i pop a terminate i could chose one with terminate and then one with bituminous blast after resolving the cascade??

basicly cast bituminous without a target then cascade pop a terminate with the cascade chose a target for terminate THEN chose a target for the bituminous blast. in the case there is at least one creature thats a valid target for bituminous. i Say no but he disagrees.

Second, can i cast Lightning bolt then oponent cast mana leak targeting the Lightning bolt can i respond with twincast targeting my lightning bolt to make a copy of it? My friend claims in order to make a copy of lightning bolt with the twincast i need to say it right away and play it right with twincast. not after another spell has been played. i disagree cuz i say i can target any spell on the stack at any moment with the twincast.
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(edited by mod, was wrong)
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read about the first 10 words of therouges response it is wrong.... with playing ANY spell or activated ability this is how it is done

first you announce the spell/ability
2nd you declare any targets if any
3rd you pay all costs
lastly you put the spell or the ability on the stack and active player recieves priority

so to sum it up the answer to chooseing targets after you see what is "cascaded" no u cannot.

the twin cast play is legal ie u can target the bolt after it has been targeted with mana leak

about having to do twin cast immediatly he is probably mistaken with where he does nothing when u pass priority in which that case the bolt would resolve and you not have a chance to twin cast it.

hope this helps
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could have started that with:

WIth playing any spell..ect
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how casting a spell works:

All Crazy Teenagers Have Tried Magic Pills

Which means:

Announce (and put the spell on the stack)
Choose (what it does, which modes, what additional costs to pay, X, etc.)
Target (if necessary)
How (it affects those targets, if there are options)
Total (cost: mana cost plus additional costs minus cost reductions)
Mana (abilities may be played now)
Pay (and then it becomes played)

(from http://mtgsalvation.com/632-cranial-insertion-those-crazy-teenagers.html )

Announce it, chose target, pay mana, then its cast. Once it's cast, cascade trigger stacks.
iKey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
This is how casting a spell works:

All Crazy Teenagers Have Tried Magic Pills

Which means:

Announce (and put the spell on the stack)
Choose (what it does, which modes, what additional costs to pay, X, etc.)
Target (if necessary)
How (it affects those targets, if there are options)
Total (cost: mana cost plus additional costs minus cost reductions)
Mana (abilities may be played now)
Pay (and then it becomes played)

(from http://mtgsalvation.com/632-cranial-insertion-those-crazy-teenagers.html )

Announce it, chose target, pay mana, then its cast. Once it's cast, cascade trigger stacks.

Mana (abilities may be played now) <--- Mana (*Mana* abilities may be played now) NOT any ability

Smile
spudfuss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: new friends Reply with quote

time to get some more experienced friends to play with!
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: new friends Reply with quote

DoomBring3r wrote:
spudfuss wrote:
time to get some more experienced friends to play with!

Indeed...

Yeah your friends suck.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think this topic has run its course. Dancing lock time!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1