Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

m-l sight

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: m-l sight Reply with quote

Hey, i got an idea to create a set. I Decided to name it "m-l sight".

The set will get filled by you, players. I'm going to make a series of minies, and winners of that minies will make up cards for that set.

It is very interesting what we will come to Very Happy

to make it more consistent, the next post will be "a spoiler" for that set

Cool hope u ll like the idea
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skizzo, The Interrupter
Legendary Creature - Goblin Wizard
Flash, Haste
Kicker
When Skizzo comes into the battlefield, if its kicker cost was paid, counter target spell with converted mana cost X or less, where X is the number of Mountains you control.
1/1
author: Trypto

Solemn Moment
Instant
Split Second.
Your opponents can't cast spells this turn
author: jhogg

Library of the Doomed
Land [rare]
Library of the Doomed enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, Pay 2 life, Sacrifice Library of the Doomed: Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on the top of it.
author: SUPER_X

Supreme Machinist
Creature - Vedalken Artificer
When Supreme Machinist enters the battlefield, you may return target artifact card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield
3/4
author: Deuce

Crowded Cradle
Land
: Add to your mana pool
, Sacrifice Crowded Cradle: Add to your mana pool for each green creature you control
author: daworm

Enlighted Cradle
Land
, Sacrifice Enlighted Cradle: You gain 3 life. Prevent all damage that would be dealt this turn.
author: daworm

Sandy, Thoughtweb Archmage
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever opponent casts a spell, you may draw a card unless any player pays
2/1
author: sandoiche

Purity of Thoughts
Instant
Choose a color. Choose one - If you control a Plains, target creature gains protection from the chosen color until the end of turn; or if you control an Island, target spell can't be the target of spells of the chosen color.
author: legion28

Yalin, Mounted Soldier
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
First Strike, Absorb 1
3/3
author:Escaffi

White citadel
Land
, : Add storage counter on White citadel
, Remove any ammount of storage counter from White citadel: You gain 2 life for each storage counter removed this way
author: Isperia

Armageddon
Sorcery
Destroy all lands.
author: magicalnegro

Souless Sacrifice
Sorcery
Sacrifice any number of creatures. Each of your opponents sacrifice twice that number of creatures. Target player gains 2 life for each creature sacrificed this way.
author: Zapgaze

salman farisi
Planeswalker - Salman
+2: If opponent controls more lands than you, search your library for a Plains card, and put it on the battlefield
-3: Search your library for an enchantment card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library
-6: Search your library for a planeswalker card, reveal it and put it on the battlefield. Then shuffle your library
[3]
author: khim

Ploon the Hatefull
Planeswalker - Ploon
+2: Put 2/1 red Elemental creature token with haste into the battlefield under your control. Exile it at the end of turn.
-2: Target creature gets +X/+0, where X is number of creatures under your control
-4: If an opponent receives damage this turn, he receives twice that damage instead
author: Joyfit

Tireless Spirit
Creature - Spirit
Flying.
: Return Tireless Spirit from your graveyard to your hand. PLay this ablity only during your upkeep.
1/1

Mindseizing Spirit
Creature - Spirit
Flying
When Mindseizing Spirit is put into graveyard from the battlefield, target player reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card. You lose 2 life.
1/1
author: khim

Fairogoyph
Enchantment Creature
: Fairogoyph gains flying until end of turn.
Fairogoyph gets +1/+1 for each card type you control. At the beginning of the end step, if Fairogoyph has dealt 3 or more damage to an opponent this turn, you draw a card and lose 1 life.
-2/-1
author: Sativa

Zombies Birth
Enchantment
Whenever non-token creature is put into graveyard from the battlefield, put black 2/2 Zombie creature token on the battlefield under your control, and put a grave counter on Zombies Birth.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life for each grave counter on Zombies Birth.
author: memmy

Mimic the Lifeless
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant non-creature artifact.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a token that is a copy of enchanted permanent into the battlefield under your control.
author: SUPER_X

Cloud of Chaos
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, Cloud of Chaos deals 2 damage to each creature and to each player.

Sand Burst
Sorcery
You may pay Sand Burst as instant for .
If you play Sand Burst as sorcery, it can't be countered.
Choose one - Sand Burst deals 3 damage to target creature or player, and you gain 3 life; or target creature gets +2/+2, lifelink, trample and shroud untill the end of turn.
author: sandoiche

Mental Repulse
Enchantment
, Return a permanent with converted mana cost X you control to its owner's hand: Counter target spell unless its controller pays X.
auhtor: Isperia

Rain of death
Sorcery
Destroy all non-black creatures with toughness less than number of Swamps you control
author: Mephisto

Whip of Qurion
Artifact - Equipment
Equip
Whenever you play a spell, put a charge counter on Whip of Quirion.
Remove a charge counter from Whip of Quirion. Equipped creature gets +2+2 until end of turn.
author: Ludz

Boiling Waters
Instant
Kicker
Boiling Waters deal X damage to target creature, where X is number of islands you control. Ik kicker cost was paid, draw a card for each Goblin you control

Cunning Spore
Creature - Vedalken Fungus
Whenever Cunning Spore comes into play, draw a card, then discard a card. If a creature card was discarded this way, return Cunning Spore to its owner's hand and untap a land.
0/1
author: Ludz

Lyzold, the Blood Witch
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric
, Sacrifice a creature: Lyzolda, the Blood Witch deals 2 damage to target creature or player if the sacrificed creature was red. Draw a card if the sacrificed creature was black.
author: elfandor

Tower Archer
Creature - Human Archer
: Tower Archer deals 1 damage to target attacking creature.
1/2

Last edited by iSperia on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:27 pm; edited 68 times in total
HuDat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a decent idea.. but the set will have absolutely no synergy at all.

can we make up new abilities for our card(s)?
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, any mechanics may be used for that =)
Even your own ones

Also, about synergy: more minies u win, more influence on set u have, so u may create your own synergies
Mitchmachine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tired Giant 1R (uncommen)

giant

Resting: [tired giant can't attack the turn after you played tired giant]

4/4

something like this?
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, resting may be a mechanic u make up, if u mean that )
EarthPunk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should play some limited when/if this is finished. :] That would be fun.
DaWorm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Cards:

Crawling Worms (c)
G
Sorcery

Put a 0/1 Worm Token into Play
GG Flashback

Crowded Cradle (r)
Land
Tap -> G
Tap, Sacrifice -> Add g for each creature to your Mana pool.

Infection (u)
B
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices 1 creature plus 1 creatures for each other card named Infection in your graveyard.
You lose life eqaul to the amount of creatures sacrificed.

Enlighted Cradle (r)
Land
Tap ->W
Tap, Sacrifice -> You gain 3 life, prevent all damage this turn.

Unstable Island (C)
Land
Tap-> U
U, Sacrifice, Tap -> Search your library for a basic swamp or plain. This land comes into play tapped and don't untap during your next untap step.
DaWorm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some questions regarding this set.

Do you realy plan to play with it? Limited oder Constructed?

The problem while making new cards is to match the "power level" of allready existing cards.

For example:

Library of the Doomed
Land [rare]
Library of the Doomed enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add B to your mana pool.
T, Pay 2 life, Sacrifice Library of the Doomed: Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on the top of it.

is in my eyes ridiculous overpowered.

At least change it to B:T, Pay 2life, ....

Right now i would play this card in most of my Decks, even if they don't have a single black card.

Thus i had to made 2 realy powerfull lands to match this one.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that holy-day land is really powerful one, and i like it.

But i cant get how can green on be powerful. getting G for each creature wasting land... i dunno.
SUPER_X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That artifact is supposed to be costed 3 and 3 or G, not 3GGG.
Anyway, there should be a second ability to remove counters that anyone can play as well.

Also, I think you should make that fog-land at least legendary, or enter the battlefield tapped.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided not to give concrete templates for your cards now. just colour and card type. So all cards i guess will be rare-like, and set will be look like some kind of cube... maybe not who knows.
i kept only rares here in set now, because i doubt any1 will have not power-cards
kci2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Caretaker
1BB
Creature - Zombie

Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from anywhere, each player puts a 1/1 black zombie token into play

2/2

I think it would be an interesting combo, especially with mill decks and decks that sacrifice creatures, but also with decks that can buff zombies you control.

Also works well with decks that can do damage to only opposing creatures, offsetting their gain from the card.
sandoiche
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sand Burst

RGW

Sorcery

Choose one - Sand Burst cannot be countered; or you may pay %2 and play Sand Burst as an instant.

Choose one - Sand Burst deals 3 damage to target creature or player and you gain 3 life; or target creature gets +2/+2, shroud, trample and lifelink.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kci2:
There is already enchantment that gives zombies for dead creatures, maybe smth original? =)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2