Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more noob questions

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
kikooo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: more noob questions Reply with quote

1) What will happen if you path to exile a creature that has a been brought back with makeshit manequin?

2) My opponent has everlasting torment in play and I have a vedalken outlander. He attacks with boggart ram gang and I block. Will vedalken die?

3) Can you pithing needle other pithing needles?
Rath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) What will happen if you path to exile a creature that has a been brought back with makeshit manequin?

Mannequin's ability will trigger and the creature will have to be sacrificed.

2) My opponent has everlasting torment in play and I have a vedalken outlander. He attacks with boggart ram gang and I block. Will vedalken die?

Yes, all damage is prevented, so Ram-Gang will deal damage normally.

3) Can you pithing needle other pithing needles?

You can name Pithing Needle with another Pithing Needle, but it won't do a lot of good.
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make things a bit more clear:

1) As soon as you play Path targetting it, a trigger hits the stack telling someone to sacrifice the creature that had been Mannequinned. After this has happened, the Path will be countered upon resolution because it no longer has a legal target, meaning that your opponent cannot search for a land.

2) Protection protects the permanent with protection from being Damaged, Enchanted, Equipped, Foritified, Blocked and Targetted by sources of the stated quality. The damage part of this explicitly says that all damage is prevented, but since Everlasting Torment says that damage cannot be prevented, the damage is dealt anyways, meaning that your Outlander dies, barring other things happening.

3) Pithing Needle only stops activated abilities from the named card, but its own ability is not an activated one. You can still name it, but it won't be stopping any abilities anytime soon.

Hope it helped.
kikooo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks.

By the way, I heard it's possible to permanently remove a card with tidehollow sculler, but I don't get how. Do you know?
Delicious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kikooo wrote:
Ok, thanks.

By the way, I heard it's possible to permanently remove a card with tidehollow sculler, but I don't get how. Do you know?

how you do this is while todehollow's ability is on the stack to take a card, somehow remove it from the battlefield. Then the ability to return the card will be put on the stack, since there is no card taken away it fizzles, then you take a card from there hand and it's gone
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1