Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS Owling Stasis

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
gdhack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: MYOS Owling Stasis Reply with quote

so i was bored one day like today after work and thought hey i like owling mine and i like stasis so lets build a myos no idea how the deck will do havent tested it yet but will any sugs or comments would be greatly appreciated the sets are 5th Te and champions

// Lands
2 [TE] Wasteland
1 [OV] City of Brass
1 [5E] Mountain (4)
10 [TE] Island (4)
4 [TE] Reflecting Pool
2 [5E] City of Brass
2 [SOK] Mikokoro, Center of the Sea

// Creatures
4 [SOK] Kami of the Crescent Moon

// Spells
4 [5E] Winter Orb
4 [5E] Counterspell
4 [5E] Boomerang
3 [5E] Stasis
3 [5E] Force Spike
3 [SOK] Ebony Owl Netsuke
4 [SH] Mana Leak
3 [CHK] Eye of Nowhere
2 [5E] Howling Mine
4 [TE] Sudden Impact

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [SH] Evacuation
SB: 2 [TE] Wasteland
SB: 3 [BOK] Disrupting Shoal
SB: 3 [TE] Chill
SB: 2 [TE] Capsize
SB: 3 [5E] Energy Flux

ty and have a great day also the sb can be messed around with
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't need Winter Orb and Stasis in the same deck. I would the Orbs for more main deck bouce. Capsize is the key card in the deck. Heck it's almost a win. You have to get Stasis, Capsize, and another instant bouce spell. You have mana and they do not. White was the classic way to win. Serra Angel was the goto girl.

Just some thoughts from someone who played a lot of Stasis a long time ago.
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kismet is in 5th as well.
I would say Urza block over tempest, allows you to Rescue your stasis and access to morphling as an additional win con and you should use brainstorm to help find the cards you need. Will make your mana more reliable too.
gdhack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the mana is never the problem and the win condition is getting an howling mine or two out after bouncing alot of there perms usually lands i tryed kismet stasis but its to slow for the format for some reason and i have a classic build with angels in it but i like the owling for some reason also tempest block allows for alot of my sb cards against goblins and any other decks but play test it its kinda fun Razz
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so lets go through the popular matchups

Natural Progenitus: Well...if they combo you are screwed, but if you can keep Progenitus tapped or something that would work.
After sideboarding, I think Disrupting Shoal is especially useful to counter a Natural Order - post Mana Short/Power Sinkage, but it relies on you having the right cards in hand...good luck

WWgeddon variants - you have a decent set of counters and I'm not completely sure how fast you can get the stasis lock/stoppage going but if they Geddon you are done, Evacuation works well for you here after sideboard

Faeries- I see no way for you to beat fae. Bouncing their spells...well thats actually what they would like. Also if they get a Bitterblossom active with counterprotection you could be in trouble. Still, resolving your win conditions will be difficult while also bouncing/countering theirs.

Painter's Grindstone-A bit easier here to win as you can bounce away the servant/grindstone often, but it will become a counterspell war if you are not careful and they run more hand disruption and counters, so stocking up their hand could be bad

Seems like a cool deck, when I am done with some work, I'll build it and test it around.

Rescue is a good idea...hmmm
gdhack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i know fae is in myos ass far as geddon never heard or played against it and the deck doesnt use stasis to win i mean it does but its owling mine if that makes sense dont play as its stasis theres alot of cool tricks u can do with the deck basicly turn 2 bounce a land or get a mine down then go crazy with counters and get an owl down and bam game over im 11-1 with the deck only losing to my team mate rentintin's wierd ass tidal paradox deck wierd deck lol
gdhack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost to elf rock deck it wasnt very pretty but idk if i had bad hands im going to rework the deck and take a diff approach at the deck ;P
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1