Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono U wizards

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Kamperfoelie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Mono U wizards Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with legacy but with the help from a friend I put the following "semi-casual" build together.
I'd like to run the list in an upcoming tournament, but I'm looking for more advice or suggestions. I've been thinking about cutting the laboratory's and adding in some mutavaults as lands. They would work together good with both patron wizard and spellstutter sprite. I'd like to keep this list mono U as I don't have any duals.

// Lands
2 [ON] Riptide Laboratory
21 [MI] Island (1)

// Creatures
4 [SHM] Cursecatcher
4 [LRW] Spellstutter Sprite
1 [CHK] Meloku the Clouded Mirror
4 [OD] Patron Wizard
4 [TSB] Voidmage Prodigy
3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
2 [MOR] Vendilion Clique

// Spells
3 [DS] AEther Vial
2 [CST] Brainstorm
4 [NE] Daze
4 [AL] Force of Will
2 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [TE] Propaganda
SB: 2 [NE] Submerge
SB: 2 [US] Back to Basics
SB: 2 [U] Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 2 [ARE] Chill
SB: 3 [SC] Stifle
SB: 1 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 1 [FNM] Tormod's Crypt
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azumi, lady of scrolls.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to play a mono u aggro deck I would recommend merfolk. It's pretty easy to change to from your list. Since you already have the FoW's and jittes the only other expensive card would be mutavault.
Here's a list for reference:

4 Cursecatcher
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Merrow Reejerey
4 Silvergill Adept
3 Wake Trasher

4 Daze
4 Force of Will
3 Stifle
4 Standstill
4 Aether Vial
2 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Mutavault
12 Island
4 Wasteland
Kamperfoelie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but that isn't the direction I want to go in with this deck. I want to keep the wizard theme with patron wizard.

Azami, lady of scrolls was in the deck at first, but she got cut. Do you think she would be a good addition? What cards would you guys cut? I'm thinking about cutting a land too, 23 seems a bit much.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best wizard is black, and he wins games by himself. If you want to stick with wizards i'd go at least UB and add a playset bob's.
This would also give you acces to some spot removal, which is nice because right now if they have goyf out and you don't have sower you just lose.
You could also consider upping vial to 4, adding some manlands and running standstill.
illusion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concentrated on a converted mana cost of 2 for your creatures to maximise Aether Vial.

4x Information Dealer
4x Jushi Apprentice
4x Patron Wizard
4x Cursecatcher
4x Spellstutter Sprite
4x Aether Vial
4x Force of Will
4x Daze
3x Standstill
2x Umezawa's Jitte
19x Island
2x Mutavault
2x Riptide Replicator (This is still good to bounce Sprite if needed to counter stuff).

Consider Arcane Laboratory as a sb card or even Mindbreak Trap... good vs any combo deck (Especially TEPS).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1