Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funniest DQ Ever

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
getmatt201

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Funniest DQ Ever Reply with quote

So I'm playing my first round of FNM last night. My opponent had ordered some chicken parmigan (can't spell) and had it delivered to the store b4 we started. So its sitting next to him while we are playing and all the sudden the judge comes over and says "you got to take that off the table." The guy I was playing asked why? He said because it is distracting the other players. Meanwhile there were like 20 drinks on all the tables so he just picked him out. The guy I'm playing against said that nobody said anything about it and that it isnt a rule to take food off the table. So the judge asked him again to take it off the table. The guy said "i don't want it to get cold". So the judge DQ-ed him.

So then they get in a big arguement about it, call the owner of the store, and now the judge is probably going to get fired.

I was also wondering how a DQ works with my tiebreakers. Is is good like a bye or what?
Apos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a judge makes a DIRECT instruction and a player is not following it, the player is acting HIGHLY unsporting. I'd go the upgrade path however..
shadow483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably should have been USC minor first and upgraded from there.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But seriously, you know how magic players are. Sometimes fat, sometimes arrogant, I can just imagine my fucking fat, arrogant opponent who's REALLY GOOD at magic and really fucking Cocky having a big fucking plate of chicken infront of him whilst he played.

Good call by the judge if the guy was like that. Like seriously, I fucking can't stand players eating a fucking meal while we play in a sanctioned tournament. It's retarded. If you want to order food and eat while you play, set up a game at your house, not at FNM.
Vodka_7up

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagine if someone just placed a delicious sandwich in front of their opponent during a long ptq, i know i get pretty hungry during those
Salivanth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you, but if I don't have the mental stamina to ignore someone's food, I don't deserve to win the match. My opponent is more likely to be distracted by the food than me. He's the hungry one. I say let him distract himself physically and mentally.

Basically if I'm so weak-minded I'd focus more on a SANDWICH than on a PTQ match, I deserve to lose.

I believe that the player with the chicken should have received a Warning for failing to comply with judge instructions. That would have gotten him to realise it was serious, but a DQ? Come on. That's like getting put in prison for life for kicking someone in the shins.

It's people like this that make players fear Judges.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy ordered a prostitue to entertain his other brain whilst he was playing magic at an FNM i was at once and no one complained lol. He was not fat though if he was fat I'd of complained no one wants to see fat people getting shit like that.

Also I herd a dutch guy DQed from a GP for the same thing I just described, he was really confused as being dutch and living in amsterdamn he did not see what he was doing wrong. Wizards kept it on the hush hush though.
marten2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
A guy ordered a prostitue to entertain his other brain whilst he was playing magic at an FNM i was at once and no one complained lol. He was not fat though if he was fat I'd of complained no one wants to see fat people getting shit like that.

Also I herd a dutch guy DQed from a GP for the same thing I just described, he was really confused as being dutch and living in amsterdamn he did not see what he was doing wrong. Wizards kept it on the hush hush though.

really? We are discussing the behaviour of a judge and you take it as an opportunity to make a racistic comment (I know you can't really consider "the dutch"as a race, but I did not quite know how else I should call this kind of discrimination)?
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus it was a joke, you can hardly call it rascist as its not derogitary in anyway.
marten2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I did not recognize it as a joke, because I would not really see what is funny about it. However, I can't blame you for having a different sense of humour than I have and as long as nobody is offended by your remark, I guess I should just let you have fun.

However, I still think you could consider your remark racist, because you take something negative (publicly using a prostitute) and then implying that everyone from a certain country would find that normal, thus implying that someone from that country does that negative thing every now and then.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prostitution is legal in amsterdamn thats the basis of the joke.
Taoofss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marten2 wrote:
sorry, I did not recognize it as a joke, because I would not really see what is funny about it. However, I can't blame you for having a different sense of humour than I have and as long as nobody is offended by your remark, I guess I should just let you have fun.

However, I still think you could consider your remark racist, because you take something negative (publicly using a prostitute) and then implying that everyone from a certain country would find that normal, thus implying that someone from that country does that negative thing every now and then.

Get a life you giant fatty. And what you described is not racism. it's stereotyping. Not only are you fat, you are ignorant as well. So to sum it up, you are a fat, uneducated loser.
Dr_Nico

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marten2 wrote:

A complete new level of dumb has been achieved, congratulations on beeing so goddamn stupid.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee he did not get a joke no need to be that harsh (even if he did accuse me of being racist) and as for the calling him fat stuff there is no way you can tell its stupid. I had someone call me fat once i was like I'm 9stone 9 and have a six pack. He persisted to call me fat, which I only wish I was as if I was cause I could whip my body into shape in no time its much harder to put on weight than just lose it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2