Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chaos Format

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Bushviper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Chaos Format Reply with quote

Welcome to the Chaos rules thread. Rules for my chaos format is slightly different than the old apprentice rules but they are:

Starting turn 3, after your untap step, you enter your "chaos step" in which the active player rolls a 100 sided die and applies the corresponding effect from the following list:

http://pastebin.com/m39fa30b6

Starting Turn 3:
If I am playing first, here is an example of when Chaos takes effect:
I Play
You Play
I Play
You Play
Chaos Effect
I Play
Chaos Effect
You Play
Etc.

The game otherwise plays like a normal game of magic.

Specific Rules:
1. The chaos effect is a triggered ability that does use the stack but all responses must be made BEFORE the die roll.
2. All chaos effects are colorless.
3. All permanents that switch controllers during the chaos step are still affected by summoning sickness.
4. All creatures put into play during the chaos step are still affected by summoning sickness.
5. 50 min rounds for die roll time.

I will be running some minis in this format over the next few days so I hope you all have some fun.

Last edited by Bushviper on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
HuDat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to help spread this amazing format =D if anyone wants to play this, pm me
Az-cz
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chaos effects are too strong and you should be able to respond after the die roll. Every match I've played has been totally decided on luck of the roll.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why its chaos
Bushviper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHAOS MAGIC!!!! TONIGHT!!!! COMING TO A MINI NEAR YOU!!!!

For true though T2 Chaos mini coming in about 5 hrs.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1