Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rb Blightning - A Metacall Aggro solution for the PTQs ?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JGMattos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Rb Blightning - A Metacall Aggro solution for the PTQs ? Reply with quote

Hey Everybody , i' m planning to play 2 PTQs that will happen next month and i dont fell too much confortable playing with an 5cc list , because it will be a lotta hate there for 5cc if the list remains on the top and i hate playing the mirror of 5cc , that could result in 1 or more draws (and goodbye Austin) so as i'm a aggro player and i always loved the red decks i think now it's a good time to then to rise in popularity with the WW players becoming more and more scared of the 5ccs as the Big Bad Guy of the moment and the Combo Elves declining for the same reason as the WW, unlike then the Rb has a good matchup(or at least a 50/50 post sb)matchup against 5cc.So no more introduction let's to my list :

12 Mountains
4 Dragonskull summit
4 Gravem cairns
4 Auntie's Hovel

4 Figure of Destiny
4 Stigma Lasher
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Anathemancer
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Demigod of Revenge

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Flame Javelim
4 Blightning

SB - 4 Volcanic Fallout
4 Doom Blade
3 Thougt Hemorrhage
2 Everlasting Torment
2 Wild Ricochet

This List its pretty straightforward , it was build to deal with the 5cc list (obv) the fallouts were moved in to the SB to make an appearance only after game 2 dependind on what u are playing against , and against fae , you already have a goodmatchup 2 , but not that good in game 1.I think the real problem for the blightning players is the jund matchup that gains advantage from the sick cascade cards ( bloodbraid is the nutz against you) so your best shot its to disrup then with blightning and thought hemorrhage post SB taking off the cascade/advantage cards.
Well , that's it , i dont know if the field its going to be like the natz field on the august PTQs but thats a good chance for that happening. so tell me what u think about the list and if u consider Rb Blightning a viable choice to play a PTQ dominated by 5cc Jund and some Fae & "Infinite turns" ,and of course any advice for the Jund mathcup its more than appreciated Smile
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful against Wilt-leaf Liege, which I see in RG Aggro and if anyone still plays GW Tokens...

But...I'm not a big t2 player, so idk for sure
LordHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need atleast thoughtseize. The reason i say thoughtseize over duress is because sure you take 2 but you can hit whatever you want. Blighting itself i just think isnt enough to stop all the threats that some decks can throw at you.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the deck needs fallout main fae and kithkin are both still prominant decks.
Hendrix_21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land Analysis

12 Mountains
4 Dragonskull summit
4 Gravem cairns
4 Auntie's Hovel

I think that 2x Auntie's Hovel is better than x4 to remove lands problems for ex In case you have in hand 2xDragonskull
and 1xAuntie's Hovel instead a Mountain.

Creatures Analysis

4 Figure of Destiny
4 Stigma Lasher
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Anathemancer
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Demigod of Revenge

I can not object to the choice of creatures, but I can say my preferences:
-1xAnathemancer
A match in which the oppo has no
non-basic lands, or has just one, 2 of these creatures, a pair of lands too, and gg.
To avoid this I prefer to play only 3 copies, with a single alternative card as Banefire.

Other Spells Analysis

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Flame Javelim
4 Blightning

an alternative is - 4xFlameJavelin, and +4 Ball Lightning, but I also like very much so.

[/b]
Ursidae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the following somewhere in your MD/SB:

Volcanic Fallout
Deathmark
Chaotic Backlash
Ursidae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forget about Gutteral. But, yeah, you need that in your sideboard too.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say IRL there will be more 5cc and Jund Blood decks as well as a decent amount of faeries and elfball. As such I would say run 4 x Anathemancer as it gives you a serious serious game against control and messes with Jund's nonbasic manabase as well. The only match ups where you really lose out on are the Kithkin, Elfball matchups, where they may play Mosswort Bridge or Windbrisk heights, but you won't get 2 or 3 damage out of the Anathemancer. Especially against Kithkin, their creatures are also so big with Ajani/Honor of the Pure/Wizened Cenn that its tough to get Anathemancer in for any damage.

I would say Guttaral Response for sideboard for sure. Helps with the Faeries matchup and control match up against Broken Ambitions and Cryptic Command, 1 mana to prevent absolute tempo disruption isn't bad. Chaotic Backlash is good against only Kithkin, but will absolutely destroy them. Put Fallout in Sideboard and Deathmark as deathmark deals with BFT, Doran (who plays him??), Kithkin. I would say maybe run Puncture Blast as anti-Finks material.
combomaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: speaking of tempo Reply with quote

why does r/b blightning aggro not use sign of blood?
it gives u extra cards or can be used as 2 extra dams.
i know this is a purely aggro deck and this some what takes away from that alil but in a meta deffined by card avantage drawing extra cards can never be a bad thing can it?
alvaro202

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st, use volcanic main deck. Not having it is auto loose against WW and any token matchup. You do need 3-4 infest in the sideboard as well (infests over death mark)

The rest of the list... is a personal thing. I do suggest running sign in blood / sygg river cutthroat. The double black can be rough to get but they are needed to keep you in the game.

Thoughsieze is a must, 3 - 4 in between your mainboard / sideboard.

Flame Javelin SUCKS in this type of deck, stop using it.
Why no doomblade? really do you want to auto loose to kithkin?

Demigod is a brave move. Your whole deck functions around creature beats. This deck is much more mid-range blightning than blightning aggro.

Turn1, figure? turn 2 Pump Lightning bolt?
Turn3 boggart/ anathemancer and then you hope you get to 5 and draw a DG of revenge.

I've been playing RB blighning aggro since blightning was printed. I have to say that the deck does much better with a very very low curve. Now that black has gained access to the BEST CARD DRAW in the set, RB blightning aggro is very very viable.

I am listing my list:

22 land
3 swamp
3 dragonskull summit
4 auntie's hovel
4 graven cairns
8 mountain

15 creatures
4 Figure of destiny
4 jund hackblade
3 sygg river cutthroat
4 boggart ram-gang

23 spells
4 thoughtsieze
4 lightning bolt
4 doomblade
3 sign in blood
4 blightning
4 volcanic fallout

SB
4 anathemancer
4 goblin outlander
3 infest
2 thought hemmorhage
2 banefire

The deal with RB blighting aggro is that we have the ABILITY to win, but all to often we focus to much on aggro. If your dead before your opponent is, then you didn't win. Hand disruption early game, mid game, late game. Card draw from beginning to end. Fat beats all the way through, that's how you win, from hitting all angles each turn.

Your current list will only beat 5cc. It will auto loose to elf combo, among many other T1 decks.
TehDudeAbide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main deck fallout increases the win % vs the harder matchups such as WW and Elves. Then game 2 you side in infest as they overextend.

RB Midrange-Blightning is still fine. I played on at Nats Grinders and it was amusing when I played control vs elves and KK and went to about 8-12 before I won from the feedback from fallouts and signs.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1