Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double negative...

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
clayparson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, in both cases.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Double negative... Reply with quote

NO!!!

Now let me see if I can explain it correctly:

When a spell goes to the stack and resolves, it does its effect, and then goes to the graveyard. The effects of a spell don't acumulate, they do their thing, and that's it. Another card with a similar effect to which this "rule" apply is Swift Silence. In the same way you play and Overrun, then you play a Raging Goblin, the Raging Goblin won't the the boost from Overrun.

Someone will probably explain this better than me, but for now may this serve as a base for your questions. Mr. Green
Taoofss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Thats like asking, "If I shock a 1/1 creature, can I save that last point of damage for a later time."
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason this doesn't work is that you have to choose all targets for Double Negative when you play it. You can't go back later and change some targets, as soon as you play it, the targets are locked in and can't be changed.

Taoofss, sometimes people just started playing, have misconceptions about the game, or were taught badly, it happens. There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardtrack wrote:
Taoofss, sometimes people just started playing, have misconceptions about the game, or were taught badly, it happens. There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.

That's what I call gg.
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This IS the same guy making the argument that his Grixis Control deck consistantly beats Fae...

And he doesn't know how... playing Magic is ACTUALLY done. And he is kind of a douche bag in that thread. Just saying...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1