Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tier 1 Metabreaker: Fabricate+Master Transmuter Elixir Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
EgoWarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Tier 1 Metabreaker: Fabricate+Master Transmuter Elixir Deck Reply with quote

4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Etherium Sculptor
4 Master Transmuter
4 Sphinx Summoner
1 Sharuum the Hegemon
1 Platinum Angel
1 Filigree Angel
1 Darksteel Colossus
1 Magister Sphinx
1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind

4 Thousand Year Elixir
4 Scourglass

4 Fabricate

4 Reflecting Pool
4 Arcane Sanctum
4 Vivid Creek
1 Vivid Marsh
1 Vivid Meadow
3 Fetid Heath
2 Sunken Ruins
2 Mystic Gate
3 Island
1 Swamp
1 Plains

The idea is to quickly get a transmuter. Then in response to them trying to do stuff you flash in some fatties. If your gonna die do and angel followed by a sphinx. or maybe colossus for a quick kill after sphinx. Plays like butter and fabricate tutors everything!
neosystems
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a weak and cliche argument, but Transmuter does die to removal. Paths to Exile, Fallouts, and Lightning Bolts are running rampant, and it'll be so difficult for you to keep getting in Transmuters and have them stick.

If you have Thousand-Year Elixir out and it's relevant, that means you actually have five mana up: Four mana for Transmuter, and one for her ability. This also means you're not doing anything really relevant for five turns besides playing Thousand-Year Elixir, if on turn five, you're playing one of your deck's defining cards. =/
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neosystems wrote:

If you have Thousand-Year Elixir out and it's relevant, that means you actually have five mana up: Four mana for Transmuter, and one for her ability. This also means you're not doing anything really relevant for five turns besides playing Thousand-Year Elixir, if on turn five, you're playing one of your deck's defining cards. =/
Sculler, Sculptor... I also think this deck dies to a single Unsummon on the beater, but haven't played with the deck yet, so I don't say anything bad about it. Maybe an Inkwell Leviathan would be a good option. Qasali Pridemage hurts. Razz
EgoWarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the unsummon on the beater does not work or the pte. it basically like gets an platinum angel out with filigree angel and magister sphinx u never die and then u can just beat forever scourglass forever etc. it works really nice. actually
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works, you just need to get a transmuter in play with either: a) elixir out + a mana to use muter the turn he plays, or b) get a muter to stick without them removing it on their turn... after that, you're fairly safe
EgoWarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true dat. too bad this aggro will kill u b4 then
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thousand year elixir should be a 1 or 2 of, because it can be searched for. The sculptor's should be removed for removal.
Eldar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been though of before and doesn't stand a chance vs decks like faeries or any deck running thought hemorage. Scourglass is far far too slow to be relevant against agro since they kill u turn 4-5. Regardless against the right metagame this deck would wreck house no doubt a friend of mine used to play it but in a meta of r/b and faeries he stopped a while ago.
Egnirys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Faeries is this deck's worst enemy with its continuing pressure and counter/removal on the transmuter.

Also vs. aggro I agree with needing some faster removal or blocking. Plumeveil or maybe even Finks?

Have you thought of playing some Borderposts? What about Tezzeret as a 2-of?
ChronicBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about adding Sen Triplets? If you're able to get that guy to stick you don't have to worry about counterspells.
Varno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually now that you mention sen's triplets how come 5c players don't play them as a 1-2 of for an extra i win card
ChronicBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that 5 color cruel control is dead now that WoG is gone, unless they start main decking infests. The WoG and the Triplets don't play nice together, plus your opponents hand is ussually gone once you resolve a Cruel Ultimatum, or a few Esper Charms. I had Mulldrifters in my 5-Color Cruel so most of the Esper Charms were used to hit their hand, along side Lilliana Vess for tutoring and more hand disruption. Maybe if they start using Infests in place of WoG the Triplets become a legit card. Jund aggro just rape with the 3/3 wither haste though. As for 5 color cascade, most builds I have run across do not play a lot of blue, eccept the ones with Cryptic Command, and certainly no white. It's possibly a legitamite card and a great addition to the sideboard, because if you have a dozen vivid lands and 4 reflecting pools your odds are decent for having at least one white mana source by turn 5. That is of course you had Triplets in the opener and kept the hand.
Varno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hallowed burial replaces wog and firespouts are better than infests against the 3/3s
ChronicBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only gripe with Hallowed Burial is that if you kill your own creature with it, you're unable to bounce it back when you cast Cruel. Not to mention it takes until turn 5 to cast and, by then I may already be dead. It is faster than the Scour Glass, (which will kill my Ajani, Lilly, Jace, and Nicol Bolas) works turn 6 the earliest. Austere Command is a third choice, very versitile, but again these aggro decks will have you groaning about your loss before you even have the 6 mana to cast it. Plus on turn 6 I'm only one turn from a Noggin Knock AKA Cruel Ultimatum. Fire Spout is an option I have been over looking. I remember playing those in my Quick 'n' Toast with good results.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1