Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sigil + Prison Term

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Oop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Sigil + Prison Term Reply with quote

This is a really narrow case, but I was curious...

Say my opponent controls a Birds of Paradise and I have previously casted a Crystalization on it... I also control a Sigil of the Empty Throne...

I am worried about my opponent playing haste creatures so I want to play a Prison Term... I target the birds of paradise to remove it from the game, put the crystalization trigger on the stack and then the Sigil trigger... The angel resolves and comes into play... can I move the prison term to it before it hits the GY from lack of a target?
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't be able to do it, because prison term won't even be in the playfield in the first place.

You play Prison Term on the Birds of Paradise. The Birds of Paradise will get removed, and now since it is not there anymore, when Prison Term tries to resolves, it will be countered because the target creature is not there anymore.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTFC...
Prison Term:
Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature can't attack or block and it's activated abilities can't be played.
Whenever a creature a comes into play under an opponent's control, you may attach Prison Term to that creature.

any questions?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1