Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

questions about tournaments i cant find answers too

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
newmadhatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: questions about tournaments i cant find answers too Reply with quote

Today I hope to enter in my first magic-league tournament. There are a few questions I have to make sure everything goes smoothly

1)How long before the tournament starts does it give the option to join?
2) What is the best way to find an opponent? The Chat & Play Room or just posting up a match on magic workstation?
3) I notice the site provides support for apprentice and MWS. I have never used apprentice so i dont know how it works. Are all the tournaments for Magic Workstation?
4) What happens if my opponent disconnects before the match is over? game loss?
5) how are people about using game phases, such as entering the untap step before untapping? In most games I play online people dont really care or at least have never said anything in the past. If I dont use phases can I get a game loss?
6) What happens if there is a discrepancy on who won the match? Is there a way I can provide solid proof on the match? Such as a log to my game or something?

Thank you for answering any of my questions, any help is greatly appreciated
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill try to help you as best as I can. Ill be using numbered bullets to answer your questions in succession.

1. THe TC will post a message on the IRC channel when sign up is available. This is typically 20-30 minutes before the start of the tournament.
2. The best way to find your opponent is to find them in the IRC channel and find out which server to play on (I have found this to be the best way anyway).
3. All tournaments are set up for MWS play over apprentice.
4. It is indeed a game loss.
5. Most people you will find use the phases, though there have been times when people havent.
6. If there is ever a discrepancy when reporting your match, copy your game logs, then join #judges4you and report your discrepancy. Most cases the judge will ask you to upload your game logs.
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitzer2k7: Tournaments are not set up for any specific playing application, players are however responsible of agreeing on a playing application and mws happens to be the by far most used one.

Edit: and to answer the last question, the first thing you should do is to go to preferences and turn on the option that saves game logs automatically.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I would help as best as I can. I didnt say everything would be spot on perfect. But generally most people play on mws.
Laplie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tournament rules are found at http://www.magic-league.com/info/tournament_rules.php. It covers things like disconnections, no shows, etc.
HuDat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't get a gameloss for disconnection o.o..

Just go to options -> reconnect

Once you're reconnected go to Options -> Synchronize

And with the phases, some people find it very annoying when people don't use them.. It's not that hard.
newmadhatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok on the whole IRC software thing, are you guys talking about the Chat and Play Room IRC?

I saw there was a IRC program I could download that was given on the front page but I could not get it to work for the life of me.

also I notice people say to report results on "magic-league.com" ...
where on magic-league.com?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1