Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elfball in the Works Post m10

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Posiedon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Elfball in the Works Post m10 Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [EVE] Twilight Mire
8 [M10] Forest (1)
5 [8E] Swamp (4)
4 [LRW] Gilt-Leaf Palace

// Creatures
4 [M10] Llanowar Elves
4 [M10] Elvish Archdruid
3 [EVE] Nettle Sentinel
3 [EVE] Regal Force
4 [LRW] Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 [LRW] Imperious Perfect
4 [ALA] Elvish Visionary
4 [MOR] Heritage Druid

// Spells
3 [LRW] Profane Command
3 [SHM] Umbral Mantle
3 [SHM] Manamorphose

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [EVE] Snakeform
SB: 4 [M10] Deathmark
SB: 4 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 3 [SHM] Fracturing Gust

sideboard was just thrown together. OTherwise it's a consistent 4th turn kill / Swing for lethal, sometimes 3rd turn kill. If your really unlucky, 5th.

The thing I love about it, is that you can at minimum get 10+ 3/3 elves in play..
Ownj00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like the mantle combo ends up with a deck list thats halfway between GB elves (aggro), and Gw elves (combo).
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umbral Mantle is terrible. At least if you're going to go the mantle route, use Bloom Tender in addition to the elf lord.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sideboard really needs BFT or Mark of Asylum. A fallout just wrecks your deck as I see if casted in right time.
[BRAYAN]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfff... Mark asylum? I think burrenton is so good Smile
Delicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark of asylum is one of those sleeper cards. It's so strong but i never see it being played. To stop all non combat damage for 1W and an enchantment, i think has some staying power
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delicious wrote:
mark of asylum is one of those sleeper cards. It's so strong but i never see it being played. To stop all non combat damage for 1W and an enchantment, i think has some staying power

With Wrath out and the replacements for it too weak, most of the remaining removal are damage based so yes, its power will be slightly increased soon. But compared to Forge-Tender, it is far weaker. Mark of Asylum is good _only_ vs said removal spells and burn. BFT is good vs anything red.
Posiedon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working with it. The Bloom Tender as an addition doesnt work because I just cant play 4 colors to go infinite...and 3 is really weird with bloom.

However, It ends up being really fun and confusing with furystroke as another kill.

// Lands
3 [EVE] Twilight Mire
7 [M10] Forest (1)
4 [8E] Swamp (4)
4 [LRW] Gilt-Leaf Palace
2 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
1 [ALA] Forest (1)
1 [SHM] Graven Cairns

// Creatures
4 [M10] Llanowar Elves
4 [M10] Elvish Archdruid
2 [EVE] Regal Force
3 [LRW] Imperious Perfect
4 [ALA] Elvish Visionary
3 [MOR] Heritage Druid
4 [SHM] Devoted Druid
2 [SHM] Furystoke Giant

// Spells
3 [LRW] Profane Command
3 [SHM] Umbral Mantle
3 [SHM] Flourishing Defenses
3 [SHM] Manamorphose

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [EVE] Snakeform
SB: 1 [M10] Deathmark
SB: 3 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 1 [SHM] Fracturing Gust
SB: 3
SB: 3

Devoted Druid + Umbral -- DOES NOT GET INFINITELY BIG...I read on MTG Salvation some arguement that it does, however it just gets infinitely 2/4. However..it will produce infinite tokens with flourishing defense.

I have found Furystroke to be amazing with combating aggro, or when you have swung for 8, and end up surprising with tapping all for the lethal.

Archdruid / Imperious make for some big elves.
And Profaning infinite with Archdruid, or even bringing him back, do go infinite is really nice as well.

Its pretty awesome...and really fun to play. I hope to try it in the next trial on here to see how it works.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay seriously, just play ranger of eos and primal...you're taking part of the deck that holds the rest of it together out just we get a new great card for it....
play it all, and you actually have a very consistent, powerful deck...not to mention tutorable sweeper-protection
Delicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
Delicious wrote:

With Wrath out and the replacements for it too weak, most of the remaining removal are damage based so yes, its power will be slightly increased soon. But compared to Forge-Tender, it is far weaker. Mark of Asylum is good _only_ vs said removal spells and burn. BFT is good vs anything red.

So when a fallout comes down and you can only negate it once, i see no problem with running both and seeing how the meta folds out.

Also, what is the gust for?
JestersBoots

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Elfball in the Works Post m10 Reply with quote

Posiedon wrote:
it's a consistent 4th turn kill / Swing for lethal, sometimes 3rd turn kill. If your really unlucky, 5th.

I don't get it. Do you mean a 4th turn kill if your opponent does absolutely nothing? If this is the case, I still don't recognize how it could be considered "consistant" without a haste mechanic to require 2 4-ofs to be in play for this to happen. A third turn kill? WHere is this?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1