Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sligh post M10

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Jackattack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Sligh post M10 Reply with quote

Here is a list I have been thinking about and trying to build, I think I am to heavy at the three drop spot.

4x Ball Lightning
4x Boggart Ram-Gang
3x Anathemancer
4x Hellspark Elemental
4x Goblin Outlander (Could Be Jund Hackblade)
4x Figure of Destiny (kind of Awkward)
4x Tattermunge Maniac

4x Flame Javelin
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Magma Spray
2x Banefire

4x Graven Cairns
4x Aunties Hovel
4x Dragonskull Summit
9x Mountains

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would rather not dip into green, for BB elf because my mana becomes more awkward and less consistent.
Duodax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 magma spray, 4 anathemancer plz. TY Wink
Posiedon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes jund hackblade, and for gods sakes..BLOODBRAID ELF?

Nothing better than bloodbraid into ball lightning...
Jackattack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my problem with Bloodbraid Elf in this deck, is that it makes the mana really bad. Having to play more rootbound crag/firelit thicket lowers my mountains/black mana producing lands. Also sometimes you cascade into a Tattermunge Maniac or a Figure of Destiny and you just feel stupid.

Updates I have made already, cut the two banefires and added 1 more anathemancer and 1 more mountain. Cut the Outlanders for Jund Hackblade (cut 1 so i had 60 cards). Fastest win in testing was turn 4 on the play.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Sligh with m10 doesnt need bloodbraid elf for anything, it would wreck the mana base, 3 color sligh post m-10 isnt viable.
Posiedon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who said 3 color? Just play G/R

Colossal Might ...Bloodbraid...Boggart Ram gang...

All amazing

Anathemancer is best served sideboard for this. Burn, Haste, and more beat down is the best.
Alphadonk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One banefire is ok
play around with it and get back to the forums
Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought of playing ball lightning with lorwyn still around isn't very appealing to me personally. The thought of getting just blown out by peppersmoke is pretty lolz.
fenixmatt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Anathemancer Reply with quote

Anathemancer is not going to be as big of a deal with the pain lands rotating out and even less of a deal with the Lorwyn Block Lands rotating out. The M10 lands are good, but not with tons of non-basics.

Translation: 2 color = good; 3 color = bad in the new environment(unless Zendikar gives us something to help)

So Red/Green should be fine. Also try giving up the sligh curve for more potent spells. Without Wrath of God being a threat I don't think coming out of the gate as quickly will be as important. You will have the ability to hold the ground much easier.
Y2Sky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Anathemancer Reply with quote

fenixmatt wrote:
Also try giving up the sligh curve for more potent spells. Without Wrath of God being a threat I don't think coming out of the gate as quickly will be as important. You will have the ability to hold the ground much easier.

I would contend that coming out of the gates quickly is even more powerful without Wrath, given that you have at least one additional turn before something similar can hit, thus allowing you to get more value out of your early plays.

That said, it's probably a moot point, as Wrath never saw much play in the current format, and Infest/Fallout/Jund Charm will still likely be the sweepers of choice.
blamin8or

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

my problem with Bloodbraid Elf in this deck, is that it makes the mana really bad. Having to play more rootbound crag/firelit thicket lowers my mountains/black mana producing lands. Also sometimes you cascade into a Tattermunge Maniac or a Figure of Destiny and you just feel stupid.

Thank you for pointing this out. i also feel smarter when i draw and cast those guys at normal speed.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1