Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Format Saturdays

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
Bushviper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after talking with Flippi, I think we have decided to have one "other" format trail per master, that is one every two weeks. They will most likley be held on Saturday unless we decide to run the master on a saturday then that might change. We will decide the format about a week in advance so judges can start to run minis in that format to get people prepaired and intrested in the format.
mrwegle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Still, those random trials, as well as vintage, legacy and even off-season extended trails always have way less players than Standard trials.

And what from this ?

Flippi and Bushviper choose Saturday because only on Saturday ALL players can play if the want.....

I think That we can do one other in Saturday next in non Saturday and so on. After month or two we can see again.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically, Other trials were held on Monday.
One "different" trial every 2 weeks is worth a try I think.

The enxt "different" trial will be next Saturday:
IPA Sealed
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Typically, Other trials were held on Monday.
One "different" trial every 2 weeks is worth a try I think.

The enxt "different" trial will be next Saturday:
IPA Sealed

invasion cycle sealed?
Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have them weekly, and honestly, if you're going to run "other" format events, it should actually be non-typical formats, not just outdated ones.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Dev here. Even though IPA Sealed would be fun, it is really no difference than ACR sealed trails except you have a different card pool. As Dev said, if we are going to hold "other" minis they should be in "other" formats.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2