Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

According to the spoiler.....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: According to the spoiler..... Reply with quote

According to the spoiler on mtgsalvation.com, all 41 white cards have been found, and Wrath of God is not among them, meaning the iconic creature destroyer of the game's history isn't being printed in M10. Also, there are 37 out of 41 black cards on the spoiler, and as of right now, Damnation isn't one of them. So, what are the thoughts of everyone about the upcoming Standard format if neither Wrath of God nor Damnation is being reprinted? Where does the format go? I can't honestly believe that WotC expects Volcanic Fallout and Lightning Bolt to kill every friggin' creature in the format. I think not reprinting either of these cards is a HUGE mistake for the sake of Standard. Post what you think about this possibility, whether you agree or disagree with me. Not looking to start an argument or anything, just wanted the opinions of others on this subject.
Gerr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they don't reprint neither Wog nor Damnation in M10, they are very likely to print something similar in Zendikar.
Even if they didn't, t2 can be OK without wrath a while. Nowadays, for instance, you don't have many decks which play wrath maindeck. If missing WoG was the only main change in M10, I would be one happy Magic player. Smile
DragonBuster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthquake, Planar Cleansing, and Lavalanche come to mind easily when dealing with creature removal. But yeah, it seems to me like decks like BR/BRG and WW might see a prevalent entry into the opening days of Standard until some form of solid board wiping can come out.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the first time T2 has ever not had a Wrath. No one knows what effect it will have. Relax and wait.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your all noobs, wotc did the same thing with birds and nothing bad came out of it. why would you want wrath when u can ball lightning ppl
Delicious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
gypsy wrote:
your all noobs, wotc did the same thing with birds and nothing bad came out of it. why would you want wrath when u can ball lightning ppl

They dropped it from 9th, reprinted it in Rav, then in the next core. So it spent a couple of months out of standard? Hardly a case :/

I do hope that red will be solid enough to go mono and play ball lightning Very Happy

Mono red will be so playable in the upcoming T2

About the post, they are printing some 6cc destroy all non-land perms. What BS
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've seen Planar Cleansing. That card would be great if it were costed at 3WW. At 3WWW, it's terrible, and FAR too slow to be useful in what will become a format dominated by aggro decks & Faeries. I'm sorry, maybe it won't end up being that big a deal, but with Cascade in the format making it where on (in some cases) by turn 3 your opponent can have Putrid Leech + Bloodbraid + another possible Cascaded-into creature, like Boggart Ram-Gang, you need a sweeper like Wrath/Damnation IMO. But at any rate, at least right now, Planar Cleansing seems terrible.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerr wrote:
If they don't reprint neither Wog nor Damnation in M10, they are very likely to print something similar in Zendikar.
Even if they didn't, t2 can be OK without wrath a while. Nowadays, for instance, you don't have many decks which play wrath maindeck. If missing WoG was the only main change in M10, I would be one happy Magic player. Smile

the thing is that wog, just by being available, makes it relevant. You cant play decks that rely too heavily on creatures when it makes a card read "you lose, hahahahaah"
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:

Wow you have to be stupid don't you. Birds is not a format defining card like WoG can be. Any agro deck gets 100 times better without a card for 4 mana that kills all creatures with >2 toughness. That extra 1-2 turns makes it a lot harder for white/x control decks to exist. Eliminating birds had far less effect because having a quick mana creature wasn't nearly that damning for decks whereas a mass removal spell could make the difference between a deck being playable in a format or not.

I find it highly unlikely that they will print another wrath effect in M10 with earthquake and planar cleansing as much as I would love to see damnation be reprinted since it suits black more than WoG anyway. But assuming it doesn't I hope its in the next block yet I doubt that either because both are hard cards to fit into the flavor of a block.
Yavimaya73

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSUOversoul wrote:
Yeah, I've seen Planar Cleansing. That card would be great if it were costed at 3WW. At 3WWW, it's terrible, and FAR too slow to be useful in what will become a format dominated by aggro decks & Faeries. I'm sorry, maybe it won't end up being that big a deal, but with Cascade in the format making it where on (in some cases) by turn 3 your opponent can have Putrid Leech + Bloodbraid + another possible Cascaded-into creature, like Boggart Ram-Gang, you need a sweeper like Wrath/Damnation IMO. But at any rate, at least right now, Planar Cleansing seems terrible.

I laugh out loud....suddenly because you have to be more white dedicated for a decent spell...it is automatically bad. No wonder this game is run by noobs...
coldBLT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no wog or damantion hell i will just play cascade and creatures all day. bant aggro and kithkin dont have to hold anything back. i will just play out my whole hand and pass the turn. weenie white will be the deck to end all.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you been playing t2 lately... its dominated by creature decks inspite of wog, whats going to change the creature decks are so good that wog is irrelivant, kithkin can win despite numerous wrath effects and token decks play their own wraths... i dont think it will matter all that much, every year someone complains, but wotc knows what theyre doing and it wont matter if wrath isnt there, white control decks arent good anyway.
Berzerker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I saw Planar Cleansing I knew that wrath was out. It doesn't effect me at all, most decks I play are creature based and I don't even fear wrath really anymore. Its a good change for the current environment, Wrath I am sure will be back in 2011 or some other set in the future.
boeda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallowed burial is great too, then there are still cards like austere command, martial coup and the new planar cleansing in the white section.

Dont forget about firespout either, its not cascadeable but still pretty damn good.
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
your all noobs, wotc did the same thing with birds and nothing bad came out of it.

one being terrible and the other being a rly good card might make a difference.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2