Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Format Saturdays

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
Bushviper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Other Format Saturdays Reply with quote

Sense we have recieved so many good comments about our other format tournaments, Flippi and I have been discussing making Saturdays "Other Format Trial" day. This would mean that every Saturday we would have an "other" format trail. What are you all's thoughts on the subject?
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Other Format Saturdays Reply with quote

You would be better off making a pool. But I agree, as long as it isn't always Random Format Trial. You think there is the possibility of making an EDH trial someday?
zturchan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm all for that idea.
mrwegle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes yes and yes:p

I don't know about EDH but I'm preety sure that :MYOS, 2-3-7, pauper\peasent, RFT, Precon wars can be blayed Smile

Also when Eldariel started with myos format I remember that was idea about myos master.... Any "other" master ?
Burton911

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No

Its only one of two days a week where u could play a Trial as European while you don't have to stay up till late in the night Sad

Vote for Trials (at least one ore two) starting erlier during the workdays, then i would say yes to the Random Format Saturday.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No because I prefer playing competitive formats.
Gerr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It's nice to have a chance to play one fun format per week at the trial level.
Some older block sealed deck from time to time would be great also.
Also, it was very good idea to announce sets for RFT a day earlier. RFT is a great format but it's not fun when you have to rush to make a deck.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about every other week I'm sure most people can live with that.
Delicious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure once a week wouldn't hurt anyone either
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TugaChampion wrote:

so then play the other 6 days a week you selfish person.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for it.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerr wrote:
Yes. It's nice to have a chance to play one fun format per week at the trial level.
Some older block sealed deck from time to time would be great also.
Also, it was very good idea to announce sets for RFT a day earlier. RFT is a great format but it's not fun when you have to rush to make a deck.

Thats the challenge of RFT...who can understand and learn from random sets and create a cohesive deck in a time constraint...

I vote YES for this amazing idea.

"Other" formats are quite fun!
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advantage of every other week is a part from more time to prepare and keeping the mystique of the format and not ruining them to quickly, kinda like what happened to 100 card singleton on modo, too many not fun to play against net decks now, naya aggro i mean you!

The practical advantage is there will be people who only have time to play trials at weekends and want to play a competitive format, by both giving and taking a little both parties those who want to play random formats and those who want to play relevant formats can both get what they want. Or are you all to selfish to compromise.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
TugaChampion wrote:

so then play the other 6 days a week you selfish person.

So I'm selfish for giving my opinion? It would be selfish if I wanted to force it upon you. I'm just giving my opinion so that if many people think like me I get what I want.

Anyway there are some people who also don't want those random trials and can only play on Saturdays. For me Saturday is actually the best day for this as often I'm playing irl events.

Still, those random trials, as well as vintage, legacy and even off-season extended trails always have way less players than Standard trials.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2