Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lightning Bolt Returns

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
gmoney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Lightning Bolt Returns Reply with quote

Im curious to hear others opinions on the reprinting of another 1 mana removal spell? I believe that control gets stronger with it in standard now being able to play 8 one mana removal spells if need be(bolt/path) in standard however I feel that RDW in extended (despite rotation) gets the biggest boost. Zoo will be hurt a lot more by the card then one might think now there one mana creatures Kird Ape and the Wild Kitty will be answered by a Lightning Bolt on Turn one as well. (not too mention what happens to the mana base but hey 4 of each shock land probably will be enough) It will be able to kill a Tarmogoyf more often then not with no Fetchlands available to Ext zoo pilots. I can't wait to get my playset and start slinging the best red spell of all time again how does the community feel about the reprinting?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very good spell and will be played a lot.

Will Incinerate also be reprinted?

I think the power of Lightning Bolt in Standard will depend a bit on what other burn spells can be played. It is good on its own but it is best in burn decks and RDW-type decks in general so if there are no dominating decks running it, it will not be seen as dominating in the Standard meta.

I think it is likely that a red deck having access to Lightning Bolt will be a contender, though, but time will tell.
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are actually underestimating lighting bolt

I think a lot of tier decks will splash a little red for this thunderous spell.

it will also be shaping extended in months to come
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as good as you remember it because back when it was legal T2 was a lot less powerful than it is now.

It's not that bolt is really good, it's more like shock is really bad.
shadow483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll probably replace both shock and incinerate. Not a bad thing, but we might miss incinerate if regeneration turns out to be a problem.
gmoney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Right Reply with quote

Will we be entering a time of Bolt proof creatures (War Monk, Thoctar, Paladin, Vedalken Outlander) ? or is there a possibility that it doesnt make that big of a difference at all?
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is Bolt will see a stupid amount of play when M10 first comes out.
shadow483

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And confirmed
http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/magic2010/productinfo
gmoney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sick is that Flavor.

"The Sparkmage shrieked, calling on the rage of the storms of his youth. To his suprise, the sky responded with a fierce energy he'd never thought to see again."
Egnirys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god. They've really exceeded themselves with tackiness in that flavour text...
JestersBoots

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. I'm a 31 year old player from Beta. That flavor text was about me man. I got goose bumps.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1