Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rotation for gb elves

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
gwapings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: rotation for gb elves Reply with quote

gb elves seems to be a powerful deck in the current meta. how would it cope with the loss of llanowar wastes? i don't think there's a good substitute..
FreeBird

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomBring3r wrote:
If i'm not mistaken, once M10 comes out, 10th edition will still belong to Standart, being the true rotation only when Zendikar comes out, which is in October or something.

Correct me if i'm wrong please.

your wrong.
starts with M11
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case, the new core set will include dual lands of all combinations, if the rumours are correct.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dual lands are already spoiled and not too good if i say so myself.
they require another basic of the colors it produces or it coems into play tapped. seems only good in two color decks... kind of ironic after ARB
Omnomcake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomBring3r wrote:
FreeBird wrote:
DoomBring3r wrote:
If i'm not mistaken, once M10 comes out, 10th edition will still belong to Standart, being the true rotation only when Zendikar comes out, which is in October or something.

Correct me if i'm wrong please.

your wrong.
starts with M11

Link please.

For the 38473940th time in the past 3 weeks:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/27a

note the sentence near the end that says:

'Note that when Magic 2010 is released this summer, Tenth Edition will rotate out as per our normal existing policy.'

/sigh at people who still try to argue this...
gwapings

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay.. no need to bash each other.. it's obvious that some don't know that once another core set comes out, the next one rotates.. some might be confused about the rotation. the last core set goes out,which are the "Nth" editions. the block doesn't. not until the next block. so lorwyn block doesn't rotate yet.. the term "core set" refers to the "Nth" editions. cool? now that that's clear. the spoiler confirms allied lands only, unless they give out new stuff. and i have to agree that it isn't that good. its only as good as those lorwyn lands, and i actually think the lorwyn lands are better coz you can use it at turn 1, unlike the new lands.so back to the topic. what happens to elves? everythings gonna rotate in october i believe but i wanted to give it a fighting chance with m10.. murmuring bosk? what do you think? reveal a colossus or nameless? crap.. nameless aint too good in the meta..
Y2Sky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP: Savage Lands should work fine. Remember that the manlands likely won't be back, so you have room for 4 CiPT lands to fix your colors.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be more than 5 nonbasics in M10. Who's to say what the others will be, so speculating at this point is kind of useless.
Also losing Treetop Village hurts Elves greatly, without access to 8 manlands it loses a lot of its power
gwapings

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn!!! forgot treetop!!! the deck is really good because of those manlands!!! have to agree that speculating right now is really hard as the lands aren't complete.. dunno about the savage lands though.. it doesn't give you a chance for a turn 1 play.. but we'll see what happens..
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1