Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cards that get axed by M10.dec

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Carnubak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimstone wrote:
Except Burning Wish isn't a card anymore, Sad

I think you are mistaken, Burning Wish is still a card, only now it can only fetch cards from your sideboard, and not from the RFG ("Exiled") zone. If I remember right, that was the primary use of the wishes in constructed play. Using it to retrieve imprinted cards and such was very useful as well, but was not the reason they were put in decks in the first place.

And for all the people that keep saying that not stacking damage is "dumbing" the game, I would like to remind them that Magic is, at its essence, a game of resource administration. Previously, your resources did overperform, because you could trade a creature and get an effect at the same time. Now that your resources serve only one purpose, additional skill is needed to know which one of the two (or more) possible effects is more important in the present situation.

A lot of people is complaining about damage not using the stack anymore. But the reality is that, most of the time, players at tournaments just bypass the need to announce when combat damage goes to the stack. For most of the turns, it's not relevant and it slows down gameplay. But the time you try to keep track of combat damage and stack interactions, either your opponent gets on guard that you have (or are bluffing if you overdo it) a trick, or a judge ends up being called for miscommunication.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: ha Reply with quote

spudfuss wrote:
Jacois wrote:
The whole "Damage on the stack?" thing was pretty pointless when you think about it. The only relevance to it was tricking inexperienced players.

Good Riddance

Says the inexperienced player! The stack during the combat step is what set really good players apart from others. It took me quite sometime to get good at it and im not happy that they are changing it.OO...if blocking isnt advantageous for you, your doing it wrong!

Successful troll is successful.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2