Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M10 duals at rare :(

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Zoom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: M10 duals at rare :( Reply with quote

I'm annoyed that wiz has chosen to print the new duals at rare. Go here for an example of one http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/42a.

Hooray! Another $200 bucks to get a full playset cycle of lands!

I seem to remember a promise on dailymtg to make mana bases more affordable (how awesome are the cheap manabases in alara block?), but I can't dig up the article. Does anyone else remember this or is it just me?

That being said, expensive lands aren't the worst thing in the world, since they enable so many different decks as opposed to a given pricey non-land rare.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering theyre only really good in 2 colour decks i dont think theyll be that expensive,
blamin8or

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When LAND comes into play, choose either BASIC LAND TYPE 1 or BASIC LAND TYPE 2. LAND becomes a basic land of that type.
golddmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what it actually does:
http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/daily/features/42a_02o4sozpie_EN.jpg

~NAME~ enters the battlefield tapped unless you control ~BASIC-LAND-TYPE-1~ or ~BASIC-LAND-TYPE-2~.
TAP: Add ~COLOUR-1~ or ~COLOUR-2~ to your mana pool.
Sleeyp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blamin8or wrote:
When LAND comes into play, choose either BASIC LAND TYPE 1 or BASIC LAND TYPE 2. LAND becomes a basic land of that type.

Honestly, why spread misinformation?
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

due to them not counting as both basic land types, like the ravnica duals, and they wont 100% of the time come into play untapped, im sure they'll never reach the rav dual prices
IvanDano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I would make sure to hit up the Prerelease and get in as many games as you can...then sell the duals while they are hot...

If anything you could win the master...
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new duels are fucking great. It would have been great if they were uncommon, but whatever. I just hope there's only 5 and not all 10.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
The new duels are fucking great. It would have been great if they were uncommon, but whatever. I just hope there's only 5 and not all 10.

agreed
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, fourth best cycle of lands.

I wonder what standard will look like when vivids and reflecting pool cycles out...
Ggerg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecleanceli wrote:
Jacois wrote:

agreed

they're only ally-colored. so just 5
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There cant be no enemy-colored duals...
FAKE1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that annoys me about t2 is that it is so easy to play 3+ color decks that Mono colored decks don't really see play. These lands are going to keep decks at 2 colors, which is cool
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I want to see 2 colour decks again get some discpline back into competative magic, I would almost like to see another kami block where in which if your not green your mono coloured.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1