Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

b/r sideboarding vs tokens?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
baz9980

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: b/r sideboarding vs tokens? Reply with quote

hi, i'm having trouble trying to decide what to take out vs tokens, b/w in particular, but also g/w. i want to bring in up to 4 chaotic backlashes and maybe the odd deathmark/pithing needle (for ajani/elspeth) from the sb. trouble is, i am unsure as to what to take out. I am running a list very similar to the b/r that top 8'd at seattle. do i take out incierates and flame javs? they seem to be the weakest. My other thoughts are anathemancers, as they typically will get pte'd or celestial purged, although they can hit for a lot against these decks. ram-gang is an obvious keep, and i have slight q marks over the one - drops. figure can be useful only if the board has just been wiped, but taking him out also seems to reduce the turn two attack bonanza. mogg can be useful for shooting a token and stopping an early windbrisk activation, and it seems that the only way to win is to have a cracking early start, and then hope to run into some backlashes.
Madstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure if pithing needles are that good against tokens. If ur list is similar to the one that top8d in seattle, then u should take the javs out for backlashes, and the terminates(they dont kill forge tenders) for deathmarks.
Jag4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play R/B and have problems against tokens too. It's not a good matchup and I've found Goblin Outlander to be pretty terrible. I'm looking at bringing in from sb

+ 3-4 Infest
+ 3 Terror (for Terminate)
+ 2-3 Magma Spray (vrs. Finks/Redcap if ness)

take out incinerate, jave maybe figures or mancers.

I've found in general that it's better to be the control deck rather than the beatdown post sb. Rinse away their dudes with infests and fallouts if u get the chance. Save Terrors for Burrentons and Cloudgoat Rangers.

Jag
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1