Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5cc block style

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
killjoy84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: 5cc block style Reply with quote

So, i've been messing around with this deck, and it actually does pretty well. Im always looking for advice though, so any comments, criticisms, flames would be uber appreciated.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
4 [ALA] Crumbling Necropolis
4 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
1 [U] Swamp (1)
1 [TSP] Mountain (4)
3 [5E] Island (3)

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Elvish Visionary
1 [ALA] Empyrial Archangel
4 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
1 [CFX] Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker

// Spells
3 [ALA] Bant Charm
2 [ALA] Naya Charm
3 [ALA] Esper Charm
4 [ALA] Cancel
4 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
3 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
1 [ALA] Kiss of the Amesha
3 [ALA] Cruel Ultimatum
2 [ALA] Jund Charm

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ALA] Jund Charm
SB: 4 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 3 [CFX] Countersquall
SB: 2 [CFX] Banefire
SB: 3 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
SB: 2 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing 20 comes into play tapped lands is a good way to make sure u dont win very often
KingAzN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u should run broodmate in main and not so much into play tapped lands also run the banefires main
cdubs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I hear battlegrace angel is pretty good and so is broodmate dragon. Both of these creatures would help your late game tremendously i believe. Possibly even rhox warmonk?
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your fine running 20 cpt tapped lands in block its slow enough, 5cc seems to beat everything but naya but you do need to run more lands because of it i run 28 in my version, 3 cruel and 4 broodmate dragons is all you need as win conditions the rest can be dedicated to making sure you do not lose. I already have a thread in forum i think on it you should look it up. Deck is great as long as you are not expecting a ton of naya 3rd turn venegant and ranger of eos are really hard for you to deal with.
killjoy84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice trotsky. i was gonna try to explain that this format is slow enough for 20 cipt tapped lands, but figured no one would listen lol. ill just merge to your post then i guess lol.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wandering if anyone has tried playing 23 land and 3-6 of the Obliski (spelling again hooked on phonics did not work for me)? If you think about it, the artifact mana would help the Naya matchup. You would have mana on the table if they land a Realm Razer. I agree that 3 Cruel and 3 Broodmate should be good for the win. One Oblisk of Alara would also be nuts. I like the Empyrial Archangel and Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker as well. You should cut one of the Ajani Vengeant and all of the Elvish Visionary.

Looking at your sideboard if you can work in some discard for the mirror that would be great as well.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with obelisks is there is always 100 better things to do with 3 mana. Play any charm fall out cancel, oring your turn is always better spent more productivly doing something else. Razor relam is not that big a problem I think alot of decks stopped bringing him in at all, as fall out and jund charm own him quite hard. The biggest probelm is 3rd turn ajani, you almost always lose to this if they they any action after it, followed by ranger getting either double nactal or nactal hydra, wizrds really should have printed firespout in ala and fall out in lrw:<
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Countersquall and Celestial Purge on the side to deal with Ajani? Looking at the way that block is working out, Celestial Purge could be useful. After thinking about it a lot. You should change up the removal.

4 Bant Charm
4 Volcanic Fallout
3 Path to Exile
3 Jund Charm
2 Grix Charm

You also must have all 4 Esper Charms.

3 Broodmate Dragons are very good as well. The single Empyrial Archangel may be good just due to Shroud and being able to block Broodmate Dragons in the mirror.
rentintin3

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Rupture Spire
3 Crumbling Necropolis
4 Seaside Citadel
1 Forest
1 Swamp
1 Plains
2 Mountain
4 Savage Lands
4 Jungle Shrine
4 Exotic Orchard
2 Enlisted Wurm
3 Caldera Hellion
3 Sprouting Thrinax
4 Bloodbraid Elf
2 Anathemancer

3 Ajani Vengeant

3 Bituminous Blast
3 Captured Sunlight
2 Naya Charm
4 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Terminate
3 Path to Exile
1 Cruel Ultimatum

SB
1 Enlisted Wurm
1 Path to Exile
2 Celestial Purge
2 Wall of Reverence
2 Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
2 Volcanic Fallout
2 Anathemancer
3 Double Negative

This is my take on 5color... With my board I plan on sideing in more threats vs the mirror. And I'm also considering playing 4 anathemancers main? Whats your guys take on the idea
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1