Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black/white combo Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
sonsaku

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Black/white combo Deck Reply with quote

//Lands
4 [EVE] Fetid Heath
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
5 Plain
6 Swamp

//Creatures
2 [BOK] Ink-Eyed, Servant of Oni
2 [SOK] Ghost-Lit Staker
4 [CHK] Isamaru, Hound of Konda
1 [SOK] Kagemaro, First to Suffer
1 [CHK] Kokusho, The Evening Star
2 [JU] Silver Seraph
2 [LE] Scion of Darkness
2 [PY] Avatar of Woe
3 [CFX] Valiant guardian
3 [5E] Kjeldoran Dead
1 [CHK] Myojin of Nights Reach
1 [CHK] Myojin of Cleansing Fire
1 [LE] Wall of Hope
//Sorcery, enchantments, intants and artifact

2 [CHK] Distress
1 [BOK] Genju of the Fens
2 [BOK] Hero´s Demise
2 [BOK] Terashi´s Grasp
1 [BOK] Days of Destiny
4 [9E] Sacred Nectar

im new in Magic but i have played other TCG so when i asked a friend in wich way i should think a Black and White deck ( i kinda like the estetic combination) he told to think that the Black Card would do the offensive while the White card buff them and recover my life. I thoug this deck for 1,5 format

Any help or contructive critic is welcome Very Happy

Last edited by sonsaku on Wed May 27, 2009 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total
EliWHAT

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 lands isnt going to cut it
asamodious

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you want to play between 22 and 26 lands. The higher you average casting cost of spells, the more you want..Yours is high, so id go with 26.
sonsaku

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliWHAT wrote:
13 lands isnt going to cut it

asamodious wrote:
you want to play between 22 and 26 lands. The higher you average casting cost of spells, the more you want..Yours is high, so id go with 26.

Thanks, i already modified it Very Happy
asamodious

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch_Raziel wrote:
I'm not seeing where the combo happens, or did you just mean combo as in black and white combined? Just curious. >.>; Then again, I'm not an extended or legacy player for the most part, so I tend to miss card reactions the first time through.

the latter is the truth
sonsaku

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch_Raziel wrote:
asamodious wrote:
Arch_Raziel wrote:
I'm not seeing where the combo happens, or did you just mean combo as in black and white combined? Just curious. >.>; Then again, I'm not an extended or legacy player for the most part, so I tend to miss card reactions the first time through.

the latter is the truth

ahh, ok. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something here.

All that being said, your curve is a bit high and I didnt see much if any acceleration, so you might want to address that. Also, look into souls of the faultless. It's a good early blocker and he makes for a very good reason why your opponent shouldn't attack you. (and his ability gets even better when fatties start hitting the table. who wants to swing 7 into a 0/4 and give you a 14 point life swing?)

For aceleration, you mean mana aceleration card right? i have put 2 Chromatic spheres and 4 of the Souls of the Faultless

BTW: The combo part of the name it was just for the black and white, i didnt know there was a type of deck with that name until now:oops:
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there are 4 basic types of decks.

(Paper) Aggro likes to play small creatures and lots of them. Sometimes this style of deck will play burn (aka direct damage ie Incinerate) or discard effects (aka Thoughtsieze) to support a fast win. Some aggro decks can win on turn 3-4.

(Sissors) Control decks are vastly differant in that they play more like your deck. 6-12 spells or creatures to win the game. The rest of the deck is to "control" the game. Wrath of God effects, counterspells, discard effects, and card drawing are the keys to any good control deck. Control decks don't care win they win. As long as they have 1 life and 1 card in their deck left, they can still win.

(Rock) Aggro-Control, midrange, ramp, Ponza, or rock decks as they are all known. Rock decks can be very complex and deep decks to build. They are a mix of well, both aggro and control. So you may see some small creatures that do more then attack (Mogg Fanatic or Llanowar Elves), discard effects, big creatures, mana ramping spells (Rampant Growth), and card drawing or tutoring spells. Rock decks like to win in the middle of the game (turns 6-11).

(Bomb) Combo decks are very skill intensive for the most part. Though the best combo decks goldfish (ie they do not care what the other player does as long it does not stop the combo). They will play a few spells that protect their combo like counterspells, discard effects, or other "control" elements. Combo decks try to win as fast as they can (turns 2-7).

So pretty much at it's heart Magic: the Gathering is like playing Rock, paper, sissors. Well the game also has the randomness of poker and the thinking ahead of chess.

Welcome to the world of Crack: the Adiction!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1