Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peculiar MWS error, need help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Peculiar MWS error, need help Reply with quote

I continually get the same error in MWS.

"Magic Workstation Play Module has stopped working.

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem

--> Check online for a solution and close the program

--> Close the program"

All that appears in a window in the initial msg, and when I close that window another window comes up saying....

"Exception TGIFheader in Module MWSPlay.exe at 00142FED"

and another window...

"Exception TGIFheader in Module MWSPlay.exe at 00142FED"

When I close one of those windows, another msg window will come up saying...

"Exception EOSError in module MWSPlay.exe at 00010FBD.
System Error. Code: 5.
Access is denied."

When I close that or hit "ok" it closes all the windows it made, plus the initial MWS program.

Has anyone ever had this error before? Any idea how to resolve it? I google'd the problem and was advised to uninstall it from "C/Program Files/Magicworkstation" and reinstall into "C:/Magicworkstation". I tried that and I still get the same error.

Be aware that I don't actually start a match or load a deck, if I just open the program and wait about 3 minutes I get the error. The error also occurs if I do load a deck and/or try starting a match.

Any help would be appreciated as the apprentice room is deader than.... Hmmm.... Rodney Dangerfield. Thanks in advance.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

restart your computer
Socks3

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a permission error, but moving it to C:\ should have fixed that. Try rebooting.
Super_Prep

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS and MWS Online Play are both very buggish, they act up alot, and crash easily. You've got a common error, no need to uninstall, just restart the program. Sometimes a user will do something the program does not understand and then it crashes because of it, giving certain error messages. The messages are more common in the online play module though.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1