Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naya Side Board

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
MartyrTBP

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Naya Side Board Reply with quote

I have been playing a Naya style deck and the version I am playing I lose to other Naya decks.
Any suggestions as to what cards are good against the mirror?
Rinish

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uril is always good and martial coup will gt read of the hordes ...i think a well placed memory lapse will aect not only is it a time walk but u know what u got to get ready for

since naya is fast u slow it down
Rinish

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i meant lapse of certainty ...always do that
MartyrTBP

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Rinish Reply with quote

Thank you, I already play Uril Main along with martial Coup. Lapse of certainty was in my original test of this deck but didn't make the cut.
This is my sideboard
// Sideboard
SB: 4 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 3 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
SB: 3 [ARB] Vithian Renegades
SB: 2 [ARB] Spellbreaker Behemoth
SB: 3 [ARB] Mycoid Shepherd
Rinish

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burrenton forge tender and or caldera helion i also play tested
glarewielder if rely on speed ur gonna need these to clear ur path for the last swing plus u can evoke the affect

this card won me a few games that i was destined to loose with cause defences are usualy tight when u give the first 12 damage this lets u swing in for the finishing the haste helps too
MartyrTBP

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are good suggestions but this is Shards of Alara block. No access to any of those cards besides the Hellion which I also already play Maindeck.
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I'd like to see you play Forge-Tender in block. Rolling Eyes

We should probably see your deck list to see if we can make suggestions, unless you think its absolutely perfect and you just need help with your sb. I think you should worry more about facing Jund, because that is mostly what you're going to go up against, not other Naya decks. But as for cards that might help other than Martial Coup...Path to Exile, Oblivion Ring, the usual removal is going to help you out alot.
Rinish

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i din know it was block
MartyrTBP

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Lands
3 [ALA] Naya Panorama
4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
5 [ALA] Forest (4)
2 [ALA] Savage Lands
7 [ALA] Plains (2)
2 [ALA] Mountain (1)
2 [CFX] Exotic Orchard

// Creatures
3 [ARB] Uril, the Miststalker
3 [ALA] Caldera Hellion
4 [ARB] Enlisted Wurm
2 [ALA] Knight-Captain of Eos

// Spells
4 [CFX] Path to Exile
3 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 [ARB] Behemoth Sledge
3 [CFX] Martial Coup
3 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
2 [ALA] Sarkhan Vol
4 [ARB] Trace of Abundance
3 [ALA] Oblivion Ring

This is my most updated version yet I made these changes this morning and hadn't the time to test it.
I would previously have no problem beating Jund as it is a relatively easy matchup for me.
Rinish

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think 3 martial coups is unnecasrysary unless u want it to be u winfactor in wich case u should add banefire or flameblast dragon.... dragon cause there is lots of mana to go round... sarkhan vol im not so sure maybe ajani vengeant how doues sarkhan vhol perform in this deck i dont see it fitting i think even garrk would do better with the considering martial coup and if u do add banefire...

i was playing a deck like this sideboarde keeper of progenitus it worked like magic qainst who don play naya
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naya isn't Naya without Woolly Thoctar. And Caldera Hellion? What are you thinking in sacrificing? Or are you thinking in paying 5 mana to deal 3 damage to each creature? Also your curve looks terribly high, aggro decks will kick you in the nuts.
MartyrTBP

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit the nail right on the head when you said it's control because that's exactly what I was going for.
Every card in the deck works together believe it or not.
Elspeth, Martial Coup, and Knight captian of eos all provide soldiers for continuous fog effect.
Also lots of soldiers makes for yum yum in the hellion which has won me my fair share of games.
Uril has to be the most underrated card in block. I smash face with him every time he is in play. Sarkhan Vol works wonders with stealing dauntless defenders and hasting my coup tokens.
I completely understand the skeptacism for this has been my play style for the 13 years I've been playing magic is to build unorthodox decks which really work. I am positive I would've done very very well at the trial this morning had I not been called into work after my second match.
MartyrTBP

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha oh but I had noticed that Broodmate dragon likes to kill me.
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elspeth, Martial Coup, and Knight are so amazing once they all start working well together, I learned that quick in my RW control build when I got all 3 cards out in a Block mini and both of us only had like 30 something cards left in our deck when with 10 loyalty counters and a shitload of 1/1 soldiers, I make them indestructible and my opponent with 43 life gives up. That is awesome.

Broodmate Dragon shouldn't kill you, because you should be fogging whenever the fliers are attacking. If you want to block them, and have a great control creature, try Wall of Reverence. It will never let you down, and only dies to very few block removal. Rinish, you say that you didn't know it was block, after you clicked in the BLOCK forum, and then after someone tells you that the deck is block and to stop giving t2 suggestions...you come back and suggest Garruk. LMAO, nuff' said.

[Edit: Oh, and for Lynolf who asked what he would sacrifice for Caldera Hellion to make it to he doesn't die and still does 3 damage...probably the crapload of 1/1 white soldier tokens that his deck makes that would die anyway, that might make sense.]

I'm liking the changes to the deck so far, we should test decks sometime. Check out my deck in the Alara block forum and let me know what you think.
MartyrTBP

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't really realized it but yeah the sledge in the mirror is pretty damn good. Thank you
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2