Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

meta call

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Manipulation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karim_ wrote:
i tried the deck and it looses hard to any other control deck and burn. for those people who like going 6-3 it is good enough

I would guess something more like 4-2-3. This deck WILL have draws. With 50 minute rounds, this is a tough choice.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecleanceli wrote:
exactly... if it can win a nats qualifier, im pretty sure it doesnt completely suck... just saying... as the meat sits right now, i think its a good call, and as boring as it is, it can still get the job done with a big fat WIN, which last i checked is all that really matters in a serious tournament that you're trying to win for cash? no? i think the deck, tweaked out, could have a serious role coming up... i'd say that's just my opinion but obviously other people are starting to think the same way.... by the way, i've won a game with this deck by putting my opponent at 0 life (batwing brume)

A GAME? Like one?

I've won equally between decking and damaging. Tezzeret is like a tog post upheavle. You bind them down or WOG them or whatever, and then you SMASH them for like 14 and win. Decking is the option i go for when they are a smart or well informed player. Also, there are 2 forum pages for the same deck...
asamodious

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every deck that made top 8 at that regionals were creature decks that didn't play burn. So it was just a meta-call of what was gonna do good at his regionals, and he was spot on in his predictions. If your meta is similar to that of the top 8 of his regionals (elves, tokens and kithkins)then this is the deck you should play. But vs decks with cryptic command, it pretty much flops. Its not good going for pollen lullaby or something and then having them command it and bouncing your font, mines, or borderposts. They even have counter back up for your cryptic if your trying to counter theirs.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asamodious wrote:
Every deck that made top 8 at that regionals were creature decks that didn't play burn. So it was just a meta-call of what was gonna do good at his regionals, and he was spot on in his predictions. If your meta is similar to that of the top 8 of his regionals (elves, tokens and kithkins)then this is the deck you should play. But vs decks with cryptic command, it pretty much flops. Its not good going for pollen lullaby or something and then having them command it and bouncing your font, mines, or borderposts. They even have counter back up for your cryptic if your trying to counter theirs.

I've never lost to someone who bounced my borderposts without having already mulliganed or failed to draw good cards. Not once.

People think limiting mana against this deck is relevant. I laugh at that. Fog costs 1 mana or 2 mana. Mine cost 2 mana, jace 3, font 4. You need 4 mana to win a game. That's it. Early game you'd be better served stockpiling mana for yourself.

People also seem to forget you can CAST a borderpost. Late game in some matchups, i draw 6 cards a turn and spend my turn casting 2 borderposts or whatever, then when I untap I can't be defeated in a counter war. I would like to add maybe 2 more counterspells, however. I don't know which ones. Maybe 2WU gain 4 life, but probably not.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
onecleanceli wrote:
exactly... if it can win a nats qualifier, im pretty sure it doesnt completely suck... just saying... as the meat sits right now, i think its a good call, and as boring as it is, it can still get the job done with a big fat WIN, which last i checked is all that really matters in a serious tournament that you're trying to win for cash? no? i think the deck, tweaked out, could have a serious role coming up... i'd say that's just my opinion but obviously other people are starting to think the same way.... by the way, i've won a game with this deck by putting my opponent at 0 life (batwing brume)

A GAME? Like one?

I've won equally between decking and damaging. Tezzeret is like a tog post upheavle. You bind them down or WOG them or whatever, and then you SMASH them for like 14 and win. Decking is the option i go for when they are a smart or well informed player. Also, there are 2 forum pages for the same deck...

I was just pointing out that there are alternate win conditions, via damage through Tez or letting them kill theirself off of batwing brume
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecleanceli wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
onecleanceli wrote:

A GAME? Like one?

I was just pointing out that there are alternate win conditions, via damage through Tez or letting them kill theirself off of batwing brume

That IS the win condition. lol. Draw your wrath, wrath, then overrun. Decking is the secondary win condition.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o...... lol.... well.... alrighty then
Blood_Magus

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played versus a lot of turbo fog in this time... and never lost Smile I run monored deck, got 1 banefire in main exactly for all of these annoyng deck. G1 i just shot then unleash a 10-15 damage banefire (shot the tezzeret if it comes into play), G2 i side in 4 volc fallout and 3 everlasting torment... gg.

The better treath of those deck are tezzeret, but i have finded that only a bit of people run it.
JKilla

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jund Ramp trashes turbo fog, ive played against it many times and ive never lost a match, i either play finks early and beat with villages and or finks and then volcanic fallout for the win, or i sit there and draw my library until i banefire for a lot, or i just resolve primal command and shuffle my gy into my library and deck him instead.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i dont see jund ramp losing to fog... esperlark works pretty good to hear (sculler, mage, counters)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2